Cricket Player Manager
Page 170 of 181 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2713
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: **Official English County Cricket 2013**

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    In place of who though? It's all well and good saying his county average says he should be there but there's a knack to getting county batsmen out which isn't the same as that of getting Test batsmen out, been a lot of bowlers over the years who've been in a similar position whereby they're great for a county side but when they have to bowl to better players they're innocuous. If everyone is fit then for me there's no place in the Test line up for him and I'd be wary of putting him ahead of some of the other reserve bowlers to be honest, clearly his stock has fallen since this time last year, and that for me might be based on what the selectors and management observed of him when he was with the squad in the winter.
    Curious for an example of a consistent Division One bowler who has not converted to Tests. I think bowling converts nicely from good First Class to Test without much issue. I think a lot will be made of how he was low on pace when he played for England Lions on TV recently. However, Tremlett was mainly around 80mph when he was so good in Ashes in Australia. I don't think lack of pace is a big issue if you are as consistently threatening as Onions.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

School Boy/Girl Captain Watson33's Avatar
    So it's official, Durham have won the County Championship. Deserved for me, had a gun bowling attack all year round and good leadership from Collingwood.
    Last edited by Watson33; 19-09-2013 at 08:31 AM.

There it is. Durham wins the County Championship. Woohoo, arise Sir Paul Collingwood

Suck on it Yorkshi*e and all those people who predicted relegation.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Probably the worst batting line up ever to win the champs. And that's coming from someone who wanted them to win.

Quote Originally Posted by MW1304 View Post
    Probably the worst batting line up ever to win the champs. And that's coming from someone who wanted them to win.
    They're not that bad. Borthwick and Stoneman both in the top 10 run scorers in the divison. 36 batting points this season too which is about the standard for this season. Difference has been their bowling, 43 bowling bonus points and if i'm not mistaken not too many visiting teams have taken batting points away from them at Durham ICG.

Quote Originally Posted by Watson33 View Post
    They're not that bad. Borthwick and Stoneman both in the top 10 run scorers in the divison. 36 batting points this season too which is about the standard for this season. Difference has been their bowling, 43 bowling bonus points and if i'm not mistaken not too many visiting teams have taken batting points away from them at Durham ICG.
    Yep Warwickshire took 1 I believe and that's it, while Durham have routinely scored around 250 on the same pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Yep Warwickshire took 1 I believe and that's it, while Durham have routinely scored around 250 on the same pitch.
    Collingwood's coolness as captain was a big factor too for me. It was summed up yesterday when he didn't take the extra half and hour as he knew there was no rush and that they did not need to do anything rash.

Yea Collingwood has been an amazing captain really, his record with Durham is absolutely incredible, on the way out of Division 1 and then he took over and it's something like 14 wins in 21 games. And he's still the only one to lead England to a global international trophy. Not just the success but the way he has done it, he's taken hard decisions with senior players like Blackwell and given youth their chance. There's all the other issues with injuries, the heart attack of Cook, the financial problems. He's remained a class act throughout everything, a great role model for anyone to follow.

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    Hope Surrey win this contrived game. Would make next week a lot more interesting. Especially the Notts Somerset game next week - whoever loses could possibly go down if Surrey win(x2) or Derby win.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    Hope Surrey win this contrived game. Would make next week a lot more interesting. Especially the Notts Somerset game next week - whoever loses could possibly go down if Surrey win(x2) or Derby win.
    Wait, why are they bowling the part timers? Shouldn't they just try and bowl Warwickshire out twice. Or have they mad some sort of agreement to make it a one innings game with Surrey gifting them 200 runs?

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    So Warwickshire need 281 to win after a funky declaration and forfeit.

Well done Durham on winning the title, expected them and Yorkshire to struggle this season and they are the top 2.

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Wait, why are they bowling the part timers? Shouldn't they just try and bowl Warwickshire out twice. Or have they mad some sort of agreement to make it a one innings game with Surrey gifting them 200 runs?
    Wickets meant to be flat so the chance of Surrey bowling out Warwickshire twice for less than 400 combined in 1 and 1/2 days very slim. Warwickshire been set 281 to win which is firmly in their favour but Surrey needed to do something to try and get a win.

281 should be easy for a team with Warwickshire's batting line up. Correct me if i'm wrong, but should Warwickshire chase down 281 would that relegate Surrey?

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Warwickshire don't need to win, a draw would send Surrey down. Looks like Chopra struck a hard bargain.

Having said that, it's 19 for 2 ...

Thread Information