Page 162 of 181 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2713
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: **Official English County Cricket 2013**

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Calm down mr 96, I agree with the newb from the greatest County in the World, Jos, over bedwetter every time.

but honestly when did Shiv last take a first-class wicket, I thought he'd jacked in bowling altogether?
    I remember him taking a Test wicket in the last couple of years; a ridiculous piece of wicket keeping from Carlton Baugh to stump a batsman in the millisecond he raised his heal. I think he'd actually left the ball.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

Yeah was here:
    3rd Test: West Indies v India at Roseau, Jul 6-10, 2011 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

59.3 83.5 kph, VVS has managed to get stumped after leaving a wide delivery, fancy that for a freakish dismissal, he had just ambled back after leaving the ball and the back foot was in the air for just an instant, just an instant, and that was enough for an alert Baugh to whip off the bails, Laxman looked surprised when West Indies appealed and even more so when the third umpire ruled him out, Chanders is mobbed by his team-mates, he is grinning broadly, 9th wicket in 133 Tests, he'll take it172/5
    Don't think he's taken one since.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    CK is a better championship batsman, better gloveman and less likely to be missing games through international commitment in the forceable future. There's a reason Somerset aren't telling him to piss off and giving Buttler a big expansive fancy new contract. Well, they might be doing the latter, but they're not doing the former.

Look, I love Jos to bits, and both think, and hope, he'll be England wicketkeeper for years to come, at least in the short forms. But at the moment, he just doesn't bring more to a county than Craig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    You can't say you'd get rid of Kieswetter because he's a poor championship batsman and then retain Buttler FFS.
    He did say long-term though. He's not saying Buttler has been better so far; just that he thinks he's likely to be/perform better in the near future. Honestly don't think it's an unreasonable call.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    You can't say you'd get rid of Kieswetter because he's a poor championship batsman and then retain Buttler FFS.
    Buttler has shown the ability to knuckle down and play an innings for us this season. He averages 38 in Championship cricket this season compared to Kieswetter's 30, and has just 30 fewer runs in two fewer games. At the beginning of the season Buttler was often the batsman to bat us out of a tough situation.

He had two big partnerships with Alviro Petersen in tough situations early in the season and top scored in most of Somerset's terrible low scores. He put on 120 with Trego and scored 80 when staring down an innings defeat against Middlesex. Oddly he was better in Championship cricket this season than he was in one-day cricket.

His wicket keeping has also improved massively, while Kieswetter has been very inconsistent, letting through 18 byes from Leech and Chawla yesterday when we were defending just 106.

God what the **** takes Cricinfo so long to write a report. Almost every time without fail Durham's game is the last to get a report for it despite often being involved in the most important match. It finished nearly 3 hours ago. BBC have reports up within an hour.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

They prioritised Hildrith's return to form. And rightly so.

So safe to say The Oval is turning a bit?

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Will Gidman 14-7-15-6 and 143, albeit against Leicester. Having a pretty good game then.
    Absolute steal in the last round of the County Cricket draft. Such a gun player.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Absolute steal in the last round of the County Cricket draft. Such a gun player.
    As I kind of alluded to before, the C(/W)PL Cricket ratings thing has regularly suggested he's in England's best lineup. Hasn't been the case really this season but that game will put him back in contention.

And you see it. On ya Durham

Yea surprised to come back online after they were 30odd-1 and see Sussex splattered again like that, doesn't usually happen twice in a match. Arshad now has 10 wickets at 6.80. Useful.

Oh, God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis
    Honestly, what is going on, byes all over the place. 23 runs off 6 balls, turning all the momentum, sloppy as anything.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Yea surprised to come back online after they were 30odd-1 and see Sussex splattered again like that, doesn't usually happen twice in a match. Arshad now has 10 wickets at 6.80. Useful.
    Scaly, what's happened to Steve Harmison?

Thread Information