• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yep, doing to Gloucs what they did to Essex last week. Were 283-8, now on the verge of 400. I see that their keeper, David Murphy played four times for Scotland in March, I missed that! Willey was dropped a place to number 9 despite scoring 76 which shows how strong they are in the lower order. This year's surprise package, perhaps?
You really could pick that order out of a hat. Every player averages between 21 and 39, and Copeland's is only going to go up... he averages 97 for the season so far, and Crook 75!

I reckon they're a good shout for promotion if Copeland stays fit.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Buttler always seems to do well when Sky are in town. Good sign for international career tbh.
Yeah, but I do hope there isn't a Press call for him playing for England in Tests yet. He has all the talent, but he needs to build innings in County Cricket, his record is very poor.

and I'm as much a fan of him as anyone, apart from Marcus obvs.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not a chance of Buttler getting a test call up yet. Would imagine even Bopara is still ahead of him in the pecking order in that form of the game. Wouldn't say he will never be good enough but needs a good season in first class cricket behind him before he is even considered. If Prior got injured it would probably be Bairstow given the gloves.

As far as the NZ series is concerned i'd stick with Root and Bairstow at 5 and 6, if you are going to change it then Taylor has to be the one to come in as he is in a bit of form early season.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, but I do hope there isn't a Press call for him playing for England in Tests yet. He has all the talent, but he needs to build innings in County Cricket, his record is very poor.

and I'm as much a fan of him as anyone, apart from Marcus obvs.
Brumby is also a big fan.