Page 14 of 181 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: **Official English County Cricket 2013**

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    Meaker firing out the pies. I can see why Tremlett wasn't selected if you're gonna play 2 seamers. Probably wouldn't have bowled enough overs or be a safe enought bet fitness wise to risk playing in a 2 seamer attack. Problem is Meaker and Dernbach are pretty erratic also. Surrey need a proper allrounder if they want to play two spinners like this. ZDB is pretty old and pretty slow these days. Chris Woakes would be ideal if you could have anyone - but im sure every county would like a Woakes.

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Apparently there is a 3 day 13 a side Roses match going on at the moment, although I can't find the score anywhere - mind you I haven't looked beyond cricinfo - what a waste of time - they could at least have had a proper one!
    Pretty sure they used to play a fc match when they were in different divisions. As you say, a waste of time. Keep rubbish like that for pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    Meaker firing out the pies. I can see why Tremlett wasn't selected if you're gonna play 2 seamers. Probably wouldn't have bowled enough overs or be a safe enought bet fitness wise to risk playing in a 2 seamer attack. Problem is Meaker and Dernbach are pretty erratic also. Surrey need a proper allrounder if they want to play two spinners like this. ZDB is pretty old and pretty slow these days. Chris Woakes would be ideal if you could have anyone - but im sure every county would like a Woakes.
    Yeah we're playing two wicket-keepers, with Davies - presumably - taking the gloves and Wilson on the card at 7. Seems a bit pointless, as you say we need an all-rounder there really.

Yeah Tremlett must not be deemed fit enough yet which is a shame, very strange that they are playing two spinners at this stage of the seasn.

Not sure why counties bother playing University sides after the championship has started, is allowing Vince to continue his excellent start to the season though. Querl is also playing for Hants.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Apparently there is a 3 day 13 a side Roses match going on at the moment, although I can't find the score anywhere - mind you I haven't looked beyond cricinfo - what a waste of time - they could at least have had a proper one!
    We scored 269-7 declared, but were about 120-7 before Hogg and White put on a load. No Chapple, Prince or Katich.

Yorkshire were 50 for 4 or so but have recoverd to 170-5, Bairstow has 50.
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

lol at samit still batting. Taylor won't miss out here; he loves propping up his batting average playing against the universities.

Really Samit, at least have the decency to get out when you get to 100.

Rembmer seeing John Crawley scoring the easiest ton you will ever see, think it was against Durham MCCU, and he jut let himself get bowled.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Ought to keep swinging IMO - only 6 off a world record and if he's going for it then may be a chance.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Samit

Alviro

How long until someone in the County game has a moan about Querl's action?
    Absolutely no question that he throws his bumper.

Last edited by Marcuss; 17-04-2013 at 08:32 AM.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Lunch: Yorkshire V Lancashire (Day 2)

Sure this will pain you to go on the website but you can manage, if the weather's better tomorrow I'll try get up for a couple of sessions.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Dernbach starting his double winning ashes year well. 2 in 2 and 4 wickets in total.

Godleman putting on a clinic in crease occupation. 43* off 220 balls in the 77th over

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Second consecutive first innings golden duck for Trego, Somerset faulting here after a good start. LOL at Samit though. Can't blame him for boosting the old stats though, can you.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    I'll probably also pop down to the Oval on Friday, pending on the game situation.

Interesting performance from Derbyshire, going along at less than 2 an over at Lord's. Former Middlesex batsman Godleman 45* off 227 balls, with one four. Tactics may be justified later though. Good run-out for Finn anyway.

Peterson finally gone,for 167. Highest score on debut for Somerset, apparently.

Thread Information