• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought James Anyon was his hate figure?
He was one of them too, basically anyone who changed counties, and if you did it 3 times, you were doomed beyond belief, but Wright was the one he watched, and thought was terrible.

Anyon does look really quick nowadays, shame it's come so late.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Rashid is gonna get his chance to salvage his career at Yorkshire. Rafiq out for 6 weeks with a knee injury.

Big game for Yorkshire imo this week. Bresnan, Root and Bairstow all playing so about as strong as they'll be all season. And playing Durham who are one of the weaker teams and another relegation candidate. Problem is that it's at Chester le Street and Durham are pretty handy at home especially with Onions.

stumpski

International Captain
Anyone with much knowledge on Leicestershire?

Angus Robson any chance of a game?
Given that they made 495 against Kent it seems unlikely that they'd want to drop a batsman, so Ireland for Hoggard must be the most likely change. Also it's quite unusual for a young batsman to debut in the Championship - generally they get tried out in limited-overs cricket first.

grecian

Should see a fair few England players play this round, be interesting to see how Bresnan, and perhaps Tremlett go.

stumpski

International Captain
I was just wondering why Sky aren't showing the Somerset-Warks game as advertised in the Cricketer, turns out it starts tomorrow. Durham v Yorkshire on the radio today. Hope the weather we have here is replicated around the country.

Tremlett has replaced Meaker for Surrey btw.

Last edited:

Pothas

Should see a fair few England players play this round, be interesting to see how Bresnan, and perhaps Tremlett go.
Yeah good to see both them playing, really want Tremlett for the ashes.

Anderson making a rare appearance as well.

Scaly piscine

Durham will still win plenty of games with their bowling, I just wish they'd stop kidding themselves with this top 4. Stop pissing around with players who clearly aren't good enough or past it and bring in some proper batsmen.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
BBC radio commentator on Surrey v Sussex has just described Adam Hollioake as "one of the great Surrey legends".

Slots in nicely at number 3 for me. Adds much-needed depth to an otherwise frail batting order, and brings a whole new dimension to the bowling.

1. Sir Jack Hobbs
2. John Edrich
3. Adam Hollioake (c)
4. Peter May
5. Ken Barrington
6. Alec Stewart (w)
7. George Lohmann
8. Tony Lock
8. Jim Laker
9. Sir Alec Bedser
11. Tom Richardson

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Anyon getting Smith. Can think of one person who'd hate that (and consequently a lot of people who love it)

stumpski

International Captain
BBC radio commentator on Surrey v Sussex has just described Adam Hollioake as "one of the great Surrey legends".

Slots in nicely at number 3 for me. Adds much-needed depth to an otherwise frail batting order, and brings a whole new dimension to the bowling.

1. Sir Jack Hobbs
2. John Edrich
3. Adam Hollioake (c)
4. Peter May
5. Ken Barrington
6. Alec Stewart (w)
7. George Lohmann
8. Tony Lock
8. Jim Laker
9. Sir Alec Bedser
11. Tom Richardson

Not sure how serious you are there, but I don't know if he ever batted as high as three - even in OD stuff. Perhaps Tom Hayward, Andrew Sandham or Mark Ramprakash, who all made over 100 f-c 100s, might be better qualified to fill that spot?

AH for the Surrey all-time one-day team though.

grecian

Not sure how serious you are there, but I don't know if he ever batted as high as three - even in OD stuff. Perhaps Tom Hayward, Andrew Sandham or Mark Ramprakash, who all made over 100 f-c 100s, might be better qualified to fill that spot?

AH for the Surrey all-time one-day team though.
I don't think he's being at all serious:)