• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They're not that bad. Borthwick and Stoneman both in the top 10 run scorers in the divison. 36 batting points this season too which is about the standard for this season. Difference has been their bowling, 43 bowling bonus points and if i'm not mistaken not too many visiting teams have taken batting points away from them at Durham ICG.
Yep Warwickshire took 1 I believe and that's it, while Durham have routinely scored around 250 on the same pitch.

Watson33

U19 12th Man
Yep Warwickshire took 1 I believe and that's it, while Durham have routinely scored around 250 on the same pitch.
Collingwood's coolness as captain was a big factor too for me. It was summed up yesterday when he didn't take the extra half and hour as he knew there was no rush and that they did not need to do anything rash.

Scaly piscine

Yea Collingwood has been an amazing captain really, his record with Durham is absolutely incredible, on the way out of Division 1 and then he took over and it's something like 14 wins in 21 games. And he's still the only one to lead England to a global international trophy. Not just the success but the way he has done it, he's taken hard decisions with senior players like Blackwell and given youth their chance. There's all the other issues with injuries, the heart attack of Cook, the financial problems. He's remained a class act throughout everything, a great role model for anyone to follow.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Hope Surrey win this contrived game. Would make next week a lot more interesting. Especially the Notts Somerset game next week - whoever loses could possibly go down if Surrey win(x2) or Derby win.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Hope Surrey win this contrived game. Would make next week a lot more interesting. Especially the Notts Somerset game next week - whoever loses could possibly go down if Surrey win(x2) or Derby win.
Wait, why are they bowling the part timers? Shouldn't they just try and bowl Warwickshire out twice. Or have they mad some sort of agreement to make it a one innings game with Surrey gifting them 200 runs?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Warwickshire need 281 to win after a funky declaration and forfeit.

Well done Durham on winning the title, expected them and Yorkshire to struggle this season and they are the top 2.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Wait, why are they bowling the part timers? Shouldn't they just try and bowl Warwickshire out twice. Or have they mad some sort of agreement to make it a one innings game with Surrey gifting them 200 runs?
Wickets meant to be flat so the chance of Surrey bowling out Warwickshire twice for less than 400 combined in 1 and 1/2 days very slim. Warwickshire been set 281 to win which is firmly in their favour but Surrey needed to do something to try and get a win.

Watson33

U19 12th Man
281 should be easy for a team with Warwickshire's batting line up. Correct me if i'm wrong, but should Warwickshire chase down 281 would that relegate Surrey?

stumpski

International Captain
Warwickshire don't need to win, a draw would send Surrey down. Looks like Chopra struck a hard bargain.

Having said that, it's 19 for 2 ...

stumpski

International Captain
James Middlebrook having a pretty good day against Kent at Northampton, following career-best figures - in his 16th season - with an unbeaten 74 as stand-in opener.

Almost no play at Leicester though, not that far away.

Watson33

U19 12th Man
Surrey are now officially relegated. Looks like Solanki will visit his former counties ground next year, hopefully to grab a king pair ;) Shows money can't buy success I guess.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
So we finished champions then, Shame that Luis Reece got out for 97 today but great debut season from him, 8 fifties in 14 innings opening and averaging 60.

stumpski

International Captain
Surrey are now officially relegated. Looks like Solanki will visit his former counties ground next year, hopefully to grab a king pair ;) Shows money can't buy success I guess.
Might have all been very different if Smith hadn't got injured in his second match, we'll never know I guess. At least the average age of the squad looks like falling - Lewis has gone and today I hear that de Bruyn has followed. Solanki was one of the bright spots of the season tbh. What we need is a top quality spinner - Batty and Keedy are no more than good county pros.

grecian

Might have all been very different if Smith hadn't got injured in his second match, we'll never know I guess. At least the average age of the squad looks like falling - Lewis has gone and today I hear that de Bruyn has followed. Solanki was one of the bright spots of the season tbh. What we need is a top quality spinner - Batty and Keedy are no more than good county pros.
Where's de bruyn gone, wouldn't mind him back at Somerset?

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
Surrey actually 'buy in' a lot less than some other Counties - in fact in recent years they probably haven't spent enough on the team.

Woodster

International Captain
Really looking forward to todays YB40 final. Looking at the teams I can only see one winner in Notts, hoping that Michael Hogan and Jim Allenby turn up today for Glamorgan to give them half a chance. A few players on show that I'm looking forward to seeing in such a big occasion.

Woodster

International Captain
Decent start from Glamorgan (barring the very first delivery), Hogan looking dangerous getting it to hoop back in appreciably the right-handed Hales, while Allenby's first over was typically accurate with a bit of gentle outswing. Kept Lumb and Hales quiet so far, but it is early days.