• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Was only one main one from what I can remember but the volume of his posting meant that it seemed like 100.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Derby v Somerset going down to the wire it looks like. 38 runs with 3 wickets left after a couple of quick wickets. Shiv still there though.

The_roc

U19 Captain
Doesn't look like there are too many people watching Hampshire take on the Welsh boys.

Dissapointing for a semi final.

grecian

Problem was that his prime only lasted about 6 months.
Look, I get the frustration with GBH, he was hideously erratic at the end of his England career, of course peaking with that ball. The thing is we were all lulled into thinking after the 7-12, that this could be it, our first genuine strike-bowler averaging in the low 20s since bloody FST. It didn't happen so we all our sad and angry at him.

but he still won Test Matches out of his golden period, could generate vicious spite from the pitch if it gave him any encouragement, I genuinely believe in an era with less flat pitches, 80s or 90s he would have averaged a lot less, and he was definitely a part of the greatest pace 4some I've ever seen play for England for that Golden Summer.

fredfertang

Look, I get the frustration with GBH, he was hideously erratic at the end of his England career, of course peaking with that ball. The thing is we were all lulled into thinking after the 7-12, that this could be it, our first genuine strike-bowler averaging in the low 20s since bloody FST. It didn't happen so we all our sad and angry at him.

but he still won Test Matches out of his golden period, could generate vicious spite from the pitch if it gave him any encouragement, I genuinely believe in an era with less flat pitches, 80s or 90s he would have averaged a lot less, and he was definitely a part of the greatest pace 4some I've ever seen play for England for that Golden Summer.
He is one of those players who was infinitely better to watch on the ground than on the screen - I really can't articulate why, but the few times I saw him live I was absolutely spellbound - much the same as Robin Friday on a football field really (and, oddly, Eric Cantona)

grecian

Think Briggs and Dawson were pretty poor there, ball looked like it was turning a lot, be interesting to see what Cosker and Salter do.

Allenby quality though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He is one of those players who was infinitely better to watch on the ground than on the screen - I really can't articulate why, but the few times I saw him live I was absolutely spellbound - much the same as Robin Friday on a football field really (and, oddly, Eric Cantona)
Totally agree. Probably the best spell of bowling I saw live was him against Pakistan up at Old Trafford. Unplayable that day.

HeathDavisSpeed

Darren Bicknell still playing minor counties for Cambridgeshire. Thought he was older than 46, but still - good to see the veteran still able to mix it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bowlers of his type will always be more impressive in person because the effect of steep bounce and carry off a length just doesn't translate that well to TV. Morne Morkel looked a much more threatening proposition the only time I ever saw him live too and he actually didn't bowl very well that day at all; it was the same effect.

stumpski

International Captain
Darren Bicknell still playing minor counties for Cambridgeshire. Thought he was older than 46, but still - good to see the veteran still able to mix it.
Yeah I saw that - don't know what terms the Minor Counties players are engaged on, but there must be a chance he's England's oldest professional cricketer.

Derek Randall was playing (for Berkshire?) to around the age of 50 IIRC.

Cube's Off

Cricket Spectator
The 40 over final will be interesting. I'm pleased for Glamorgan that they've made a Lord's final after what has been a barren decade. As for today's semi, I don't really know which side to support. Having been to Nottingham and Trent Bridge a few times I think it's the best cricket ground in England, so have always wished Nottinghamshire well, but then again I'd like Somerset to win something and stop being the bridesmaids they have been for the last few years. May the best side win I guess!