Page 12 of 181 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: **Official English County Cricket 2013**

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    So nervous, Durham faves, but this is proper cricket.
    Looks like a terrific finish. Obviously KW's the key wicket now, but I agree that Onions & Rushworth on this wicket make Durham favourites.

****, never LBW, Could see it from here.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    ****, never LBW, Could see it from here.

Where are you watching it?

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Where are you watching it?
    on the bbc radio commentary is my guess

Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    That figures

Shame - it would have made more interesting viewing than the IPL.

I blame myself for this. Typed out a post about Onions being carted and then he got Hildreth before I pressed post.

Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    That figures

Shame - it would have made more interesting viewing than the IPL.
    Indeed, and that one was never out too.

Bedwetter has got to start taking risks.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Got to start hogging the strike now as well. Keeps taking singles early in the over.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Urgh, that will be it then.

Pfft, another season of disappointment, start as you mean to go on......

If Worcs could clone Richardson they'd just pick 2 of him and 9 batsmen wouldn't they?

Bad luck Warwickshire, that would have been a comfortable innings or 10 wickets win. Those 20 rainy points against Derbyshire will be crucial in the end.

Still, I was amazed to discover that there was the 6th century stand in 12 games for Chopra and Westwood. The quality of the opening bowling stocks in the CC is going downhill it seems.
    It's the pitch, stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Гурин View Post
    Bad luck Warwickshire, that would have been a comfortable innings or 10 wickets win. Those 20 rainy points against Derbyshire will be crucial in the end.

Still, I was amazed to discover that there was the 6th century stand in 12 games for Chopra and Westwood. The quality of the opening bowling stocks in the CC is going downhill it seems.
    Well here are the main seamers. Is it that bad ?

(Finn), Harris, Roland-Jones, (Onions), Tremlett, Dernbach, Meaker, Jordan, Magoffin, (Bresnan), Sidebottom, Brooks, Woakes, C.Wright, (Broad), Shahzad, Thomas, Kirby, J.Overton doesn't look that bad.

Any reason Moin Ashraf isn't getting in for Yorks ? Looked quite impressive from what I saw or is he just considered for limited overs for now ?

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    Well here are the main seamers. Is it that bad ?

(Finn), Harris, Roland-Jones, (Onions), Tremlett, Dernbach, Meaker, Jordan, Magoffin, (Bresnan), Sidebottom, Brooks, Woakes, C.Wright, (Broad), Shahzad, Thomas, Kirby, J.Overton doesn't look that bad.

Any reason Moin Ashraf isn't getting in for Yorks ? Looked quite impressive from what I saw or is he just considered for limited overs for now ?

Гурин is underestimating just how well both Westwood and in particular Chopra have batted imo. Conditions have not been easy for openers in county cricket in recent years and as you say in division 1 there are some good seamers and more often that not the counties have good 3rd and 4th seamers (whereas in the 2nd division there are normally good opening bowlers but then the 3/4th seamers are average).

Chopra and Compton have been the only two guys to make 1000+ runs in the last two seasons in the CC. Chopra has just churned out the runs and to my mind was unlucky not to pip Compton to the England openers spot. He seems to have continued his form into this season which is positive for England. Westwood is more average but when the guy at the other end is constantly scoring runs you're gonna make good starts often- Think Tres and Suppiah.

yes ashraf is still learning how to bowl in the 4 day game. Probably won't play too much 4 day cricket with Plunkett and Brooks coming in over the winter.

Incidentally good news for England and possibly Yorkshire is that Bresnan is back in their squad for the 'friendly' against Lancs starting tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    Гурин is underestimating just how well both Westwood and in particular Chopra have batted imo. Conditions have not been easy for openers in county cricket in recent years and as you say in division 1 there are some good seamers and more often that not the counties have good 3rd and 4th seamers (whereas in the 2nd division there are normally good opening bowlers but then the 3/4th seamers are average).

Chopra and Compton have been the only two guys to make 1000+ runs in the last two seasons in the CC. Chopra has just churned out the runs and to my mind was unlucky not to pip Compton to the England openers spot. He seems to have continued his form into this season which is positive for England. Westwood is more average but when the guy at the other end is constantly scoring runs you're gonna make good starts often- Think Tres and Suppiah.

yes ashraf is still learning how to bowl in the 4 day game. Probably won't play too much 4 day cricket with Plunkett and Brooks coming in over the winter.

Incidentally good news for England and possibly Yorkshire is that Bresnan is back in their squad for the 'friendly' against Lancs starting tomorrow.
    Yep, I said that a bit tongue-in-cheek. Actually what's surprising is that Westwood is holding his own so well, Chopra has always been talented (if a bit erratic). I don't really believe that's so much easier if the other opener is a big scorer, for every example like the Suppiah one there are countless of lone openers constantly deserted by whoever their team put to open with them (in test as in fc cricket), so kudos to Westwood for turning his career around. I just hope for him that it is not just a flash in the pan (1 season could still mean only form/luck, let's see how they perform 2 years from now)

Thread Information