• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

mightymariner

U19 12th Man
Carberry has three wickets at Derby. That has never happened in senior cricket before. I have no idea what they have done to that wicket but the pitch inspectors are likely to be getting interested shortly.
Keeping it surprisingly tight too.

Nice to see Hodgson get a big score on the board too, liked the look of him when they visited.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Looks like Glamorgan are going to get home, needing six from two overs.

It's then all in Somerset's hands: if they win, they go through, and if they lose it's Northants. Gloucestershire are done for - their run-rate can't get past Northants'.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
This is the kind of time when I really wish Colvile would just read my posts and tell viewers what is actually happening.

Meanwhile, nobody else seems to have noticed that Buttler is keeping wicket for Somerset instead of Kieswetter.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
38.3 Overton to Fuller, 6 no balls

Things not to bowl at this stage of proceedings... fortunately Alfonso has the last over so Somerset should be alright.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, guess it wasn't that hard to work out :p

Not sure about all the comparing groups, such as best second placed side, and best top sides, tbh.

Notts v Hampshire in the final for me.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Three hundreds in six games, crikey. He's been pretty superlative in the short forms for a decent amount of time now, probably deserves a squad place at the very least. Was bowling for the Lions too, so could get Ravi's place whilst he can't bowl?

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah he has, would be harsh. Need dat bowling option though. Could just come in for whoever is bound to be rested? Don't think there was anyone else in line for selection other than Bairstow and...well. Carbs? Is a tough one.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Ooo and who will keep? Soz this has a thread.

So, er, that Willey's alright yeah?

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Jos will keep. Need a middle order bat with the gloves. Ravi has been in good batting form, but if he can't bowl I don't really see a place in the side for him. I don't trust Root for ten overs, and can we honestly say Bopara will do better with the bat than Root and Morgan (maybe the latter, but that's only form related)?

I'd probably be looking at this:

1. Cook/Carberry
2. Bell
3. Trott
4. Root
5. Morgan
6. Wright
7. Buttler
8. Tricky Tredders
9-11. Seamers

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bopara can **** off. Stokes will surely feature and be one of the main bowlers and his batting in limited overs has gotten much better whilst it's dropped off in FC cricket.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Consistently chokes when it comes to actually winning the game and his a horrendous record for England. So yea where's the upside?