• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
240 is about as much as Glos can chase at Bristol so Somerset should be fine. Willey and Ravi in good form with the bat.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
All good shouts for some ODI action if England go along the lines of resting everyone who may be slightly tired after the Ashes.

Meanwhile, Fabian Cowdrey is blocking it so it looks like Somerset, Notts and Hampshire to win their groups, with Glamorgan best-placed for lucky loser status.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Somerset could probably use someone staying with Buttler for more than six minutes. 197/3 becoming 204/7 has rather changed this game of cricket - and the complexion of the whole day's mathematics.

Also, I do somewhat feel like I'm talking to myself here but Fabian Cowdrey hitting it through cover this over has made me think of Steve Smith. Maybe that's Spikey's thread. Maybe it's a genuine technical resemblance. Maybe it means I should go do some work.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Somerset could probably use someone staying with Buttler for more than six minutes. 197/3 becoming 204/7 has rather changed this game of cricket - and the complexion of the whole day's mathematics.

Also, I do somewhat feel like I'm talking to myself here but Fabian Cowdrey hitting it through cover this over has made me think of Steve Smith. Maybe that's Spikey's thread. Maybe it's a genuine technical resemblance. Maybe it means I should go do some work.
Chawla has turned out to be a great signing so far:(

Clearly the last part of the Summer will all be Ravi's.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, this is a really poor finish for Somerset. Still hope for a Buttler onslaught for two of three overs though, I guess.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Not having a bad couple of weeks is he. Hero on T20 finals day, 2 matches for a winning England Lions team, and now 167 off 101. Gonna bet he'll take a 5fer in this innings too!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
All getting interesting numbers-wise. Northants have pushed their NRR up from +0.102 to +0.372, getting Glamorgan back in range, who won't want to take too long over their chase of 215 against Yorkshire.

Northants will need to knock over Warwicks for below 129 to have a chance of getting their run-rate above Glamorgan's. The Steelbacks' best chance might be fore Gloucestershire to turn over Somerset and then beat Gloucester on run-rate. In Group B, Hampshire might also miss out if they can't defend 220 (although if Derby turns square again, Briggs and Dawson should be able to keep that together). Essex will be hoping that Derby can pull of that chase, as that's their only way in ... so long as Lancashire don't chase 300...

#runrates

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
If Hampshire lose what are the chances of them going through in second? Pickup to tell me.
Unlikely. They would need Glamorgan to lose + either Notts or Northants to lose (or both losing would be fine). I think.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like Ravi went easy on Kegga, either that or he doesn't seem to have been too traumatised by recent experience

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
If Hampshire lose what are the chances of them going through in second? Pickup to tell me.
It will require both Glamorgan and Notts to lose, and whilst it's in the balance at Headingley, I can't see how Notts can possibly toss it off from here.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Carberry has three wickets at Derby. That has never happened in senior cricket before. I have no idea what they have done to that wicket but the pitch inspectors are likely to be getting interested shortly.

mightymariner

U19 12th Man
yes I was maybe a little harsh there. Just annoys me when teams don't even attempt runchases especially when established players such as Nial O'Brien just have a little batting practice at the expense of everybody else. Seems to be just a lack of direction at leics without any key players to base a team around. How are the young players going to develop with a team like Leics had today?
We can only develop one good player at a time, before they leave for Notts :p

Anyway the reason that we're not that good at chasing is usually that it's simply too much to chase. I've said for a while that our bowling's the problem, and until we sort that out we're going nowhere.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
More numbers:

Wins for Notts, Hampshire, Glamorgan & Somerset put them all through. If Glos beat Somerset then Northants are best runner-up. If Glamorgan blow it then it's winner of Gloucs/Somerset + Northants as best second: Northants' massive score has made Lancs/Essex meaningless.