• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slurrey duly dispatched. Lasted 82.3 overs in their two innings combined. Wood gets the 5-fer this time.

That's the issue with Borthwick, he's not really needed with the ball most of the time.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Wood continues to be impressive, gets his pace up above 90 as well according to sky's list earlier in the season. Can't fault Durham's fast bowling production line

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Leicestershire are a disgrace. Disband the county. Eckersley and Thakor (and maybe Naik) will have plenty of suitors. A few others would get contracts with other counties. And that would be that.

Sky really should be at Bristol tomorrow. 3 teams equal at the top of the group, 2 of which playing each other in a local derby. Instead according to their website it's Kent v Notts.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Leicestershire are a disgrace. Disband the county. Eckersley and Thakor (and maybe Naik) will have plenty of suitors. A few others would get contracts with other counties. And that would be that.

Sky really should be at Bristol tomorrow. 3 teams equal at the top of the group, 2 of which playing each other in a local derby. Instead according to their website it's Kent v Notts.
Freckingham has decent figures in the Championship, not seen him bowl though. Edit, oh actually see he's averaging close to 40, get's decent Fantasy points though.

Yeah, pretty thrilling really, anything can happen in our group.

Last edited:

theegyptian

Yes I still fancy Somerset to thrash Glos like they have this season but it's intriguingly poised. Good chance that the best second place comes from this group as well. Glamorgan have Yorkshire tomorrow and they've named an even weaker squad than their usual yb40 squad this year so a Glamorgan win is almost a given. All 3 teams have decent NRR as well.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes I still fancy Somerset to thrash Glos like they have this season but it's intriguingly poised. Good chance that the best second place comes from this group as well. Glamorgan have Yorkshire tomorrow and they've named an even weaker squad than their usual yb40 squad this year so a Glamorgan win is almost a given. All 3 teams have decent NRR as well.
Eggs went into one basket ages ago. Feel sorry for other sides though when things like that happen though everyone understands why.

theegyptian

Eggs went into one basket ages ago. Feel sorry for other sides though when things like that happen though everyone understands why.
Yes I'm not upset with Yorkshire. I understand their position and they've put out a weak team for most of the competition. It's merely the result of the schedule that means it's very hard to compete over the whole season in all formats. That's why I'd be slightly worried if I was Northants as although they're still going strong in the championship all their key players have played a lot of games this season as they have been competiting in all the competitions. You'd imagine fatigue and injuries will catch up with them at some time, it's just weather they've got the buffer required to hold still at the top of div2.

mightymariner

U19 12th Man
If we got rid of Hoggard we'd actually have some money to spend on proper players, but that'll never happen if he wants to continue. Having Sarwan going away hasn't helped either.

theegyptian

If we got rid of Hoggard we'd actually have some money to spend on proper players, but that'll never happen if he wants to continue. Having Sarwan going away hasn't helped either.
yes I was maybe a little harsh there. Just annoys me when teams don't even attempt runchases especially when established players such as Nial O'Brien just have a little batting practice at the expense of everybody else. Seems to be just a lack of direction at leics without any key players to base a team around. How are the young players going to develop with a team like Leics had today?

theegyptian

Gregory playing for Somerset today. Bowled close to 50 overs in his last second xi game. Must be the most overs he's bowled in a game before you'd imagine. Hopefully over his injury problems as at one point looked a very decent bowler especially in the shorter formats.

Guess Kerrigan wasn't celebrating with the England guys last night as he's back at Old Trafford today playing in their game.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, I liked the look of his bowling in the 2011 Champions League. Seems to have become a batsman predominantly now though.

theegyptian

Yes Miles is a great prospect but is a bit too erratic at present; not that Tres or Kieswetter need bad bowling to prosper. Glos need to get these two guys out now if they want to go through.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Warwickshire not picking a particularly threatening bowling attack versus Northants, and Somerset off to a flier too.

Assuming that both of those two sides go on from 66/0 and set something unchaseable, it's all in the hands of Notts and Hants, with Lancs and Glamorgan - who've started really well against Yorkshire 2nd XI - also in the mix. Glamorgan look in the box seat for second place actually, which means Northants need Kent to win here or for Gloucester to chase what looks like 300+ at Taunton...