• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
fair to say this triumph is directly related to copeland's heroics earlier in the season

Daemon

Since the 22-year-old began playing for the Derbyshire-based Glapwell Colliery Cricket Club on April 24, he has notched up an average of 68 with the bat and 7.75 with the ball in the Division One league, which is the third notch in England's cricket structure, below the County Championship and Premier League.
Is this true, and realistically how far away from CC standard is this league?

stumpski

International Captain
Leicester getting pummelled by the 'Corns in their last game. Pity Sky aren't showing this instead of yet more Ashes reruns.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hello is there anyone there?????

Seems Monty has been signed by Essex, didn't see that one coming.:-O

flibbertyjibber

So with him signing for Essex he may yet be on the winter tour after all as he has signed for the right county. Has to take this chance. Hope he does.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I think he'll tour with England. They had to punish him in some way but it'll easier to include him in a couple of months time.

Gutting for Craddock. Finally gets into the team but likely won't play again all season with Panesar coming in. Blow for Northants as well as Essex have the best chance of chasing them down for the promotion spot.

grecian

I think he'll tour with England. They had to punish him in some way but it'll easier to include him in a couple of months time.

Gutting for Craddock. Finally gets into the team but likely won't play again all season with Panesar coming in. Blow for Northants as well as Essex have the best chance of chasing them down for the promotion spot.
Yeah, I was certain he'd go to Northants. Clever from the white-stilletto-boys really.

grecian

So Warwicks seam bowling line-up could be Barker, Wright, Woakes and Rankin, with Rikki clarke as back-up. Instead They've got Piolet, Javid, and Milnes. It's quite a comedown really.

theegyptian

It is the problem with sky predetermining the games they select and having to cover an equal amount of games of each county.

Both teams are out of the comp and warwickshire have a four game starting tomorrow. Just too many easy runs to be had for random batsmen.

The GlosGlam game yesterday at the start of the season would have looked a complete dross pit but it had big consequences for the group (Now group c stands Somerset 15 from 11 games, Glos 15 from 11 games, Gla 13 from 10). Glos would have been glad that sky weren't there yesterday as they've been terrible every time they've turned up this year.

grecian

It is the problem with sky predetermining the games they select and having to cover an equal amount of games of each county.

Both teams are out of the comp and warwickshire have a four game starting tomorrow. Just too many easy runs to be had for random batsmen.

The GlosGlam game yesterday at the start of the season would have looked a complete dross pit but it had big consequences for the group (Now group c stands Somerset 15 from 11 games, Glos 15 from 11 games, Gla 13 from 10). Glos would have been glad that sky weren't there yesterday as they've been terrible every time they've turned up this year.
I wasn't really criticizing Warwicks though, most of the bowlers are genuinely out of contention.

I'm just annoyed that I can't bang on about how awesome Moeen Ali is, because this attack is just poor. Mind you Jeets is one of the worse amongst them, and he's an international bowler.

theegyptian

I wasn't really criticizing Warwicks though, most of the bowlers are genuinely out of contention.

I'm just annoyed that I can't bang on about how awesome Moeen Ali is, because this attack is just poor. Mind you Jeets is one of the worse amongst them, and he's an international bowler.
Yes I know you weren't.

The two points of importance for me are

1) Wish sky would show just a little more flexibility with their schedules. Having terrible games like this with nothing riding on it and with half teams does little for promoting the game.

2) Too much cricket is played and with a poor schedule and as a result you get games like today played. How does this prepare Moeen Ali for international cricket? Facing 3 average medium pacers, one decent spinner and Javid with his non spinning **** balls. This must be a great competition for all batsmen. A lot of the games it's first xi batting vs second xi bowling. White ball hardly swings. No wonder average players like Cobb or Trego can batter attacks.

Moeen is a decent player and good to watch but this innings does nothing to improve him or proving to the selectors that he's worth selecting.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Sky showing this game isn't an issue though, as it's the only county game being played. The opportunity cost is watching one of the same five Ashes re runs again. I agree with your first point in general, but this isn't a great example IMO.

91Jmay

International Coach
Sky Ashes has been a bit of a failure to be honest. No need at all for the same reruns of those games, although it was a clever way to save program costs whilst the football season wasn't on.

Yeah I rate Ali, and he certainly should be in consideration when we play ODIs in the subcontinent as his spin is more than useful but today tells us very little about him.