• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Gloucestershire and Leicestershire already dealing with big bowling injuries in the 2nd division. Leicestershire's bowling last week was gash. Fuller for Gloucestershire has broken a finger so that's him added to Saxelby and Muchall on the medium to long term injury list.

Things looking better for Warwickshire this week though. Barker, Woakes and Rankin are meant to be back in the squad for tomorrow's game against Durham.

And Kervezee retired today from international cricket for the Netherlands.
Kervezee to retire from Netherlands Cricket | Worcestershire County Cricket Club

I don't envy the position players like Kervezee and Rankin are in. There must be a degree of pressure put on them by the counties as they can't like losing players fairly regularly to international matches especially when they aren't compensated for their absence(i think this is right). Rankin especially seemed to come back with an injury every time he played for Ireland.

theegyptian

Looking forward to tomorrow. Surrey Somerset and Warwickshire Durham both look good games.

Graeme Smith making his debut for Surrey and Tremlett in the squad. Somerset have Compton and Peterson available tomorrow for the first time.

Interesting to see the result of the Warw-Durham game. Good win for Durham last week and the Warwickshire batting is their weak point. Barker and Woakes back (Rankin is fit but is being kept for next week) for Warwickshire should lengthen the batting whilst giving the bowling more class.

Finn is back for Middlesex.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Planning on going to the Oval on Friday. Looking forward to it, plenty of big names on display. Really good to see Tremlett in the squad, be fantastic if he can put a run of games together going into the summer.

theegyptian

surrey lost the toss and will bowl.

and they've picked a 4 man attack with two seamers and two spinners. lol. and tremlett wasn't selected

stumpski

International Captain
Dernbach's many detractors on here may be surprised to know that his opening spell was 6-3-7-1. He is a much steadier bowler in the four-day game though.

Worcester and Essex finding it tough going atm. Another good day for Steven Crook of Northants, who got a few cheap wickets at Cardiff last week.

stumpski

International Captain
Has county cricket reached the 21st century and started streaming a game or two yet?
Doubt if there's enough demand tbh. There is online commentary on every game this season, not sure where in the world it can be heard though. Sky are showing the Somerset-Warks game next week.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wouldn't say there's much demand for Sheffield Shield games as such, but all it takes is a fixed camera at one end, two if you're feeling generous, and just stream it on the website. Definitely gives the sponsors a bit more value for money.

Good that Sky are showing a few games though.

stumpski

International Captain
Yeah Surrey do a highlights job for their home games, no sound though, I very rarely bother to watch tbh. I expect other counties do so too.

Sammy Patel having a good net against the students of Durham btw, I'm not sure any batsman worth his salt really wants his best score to come against a University side though, so he may give it away soon.

stumpski

International Captain
Slow going for Derbyshire, I wondered if they'd had some rain, but Steve Finn has bowled 14 overs for 17. Took his 300th fc wicket as well.

fredfertang

Apparently there is a 3 day 13 a side Roses match going on at the moment, although I can't find the score anywhere - mind you I haven't looked beyond cricinfo - what a waste of time - they could at least have had a proper one!

theegyptian

Essex are a disgrace. So much talent and yet so terrible. Really need some new management. Should of got rid of Foster when they had the chance and gone with Wheater and Foakes. Grayson has been there long enough and results have been terrible the last couple of years. Transfer have been utterly ****. I mean Mahmood this season or Shah a couple of years ago when you already have Ten Doeschate playing ipl. The youth system undoubtedly produces good young players but for whatever reason there are no results on the field. Players like Wright and Chopra have left and gone onto be county champions. Then they had the spot fixing case with Kaneria and Westfield - and Palladino the whistle blower leaving to play for Derbyshire.

It's just ridiculous how the management could have let this all happen and yet there continues to be little change in the management or approach to the game.

theegyptian

Apparently there is a 3 day 13 a side Roses match going on at the moment, although I can't find the score anywhere - mind you I haven't looked beyond cricinfo - what a waste of time - they could at least have had a proper one!
don't worry yorkshire will be back in the second division to play you next year!

theegyptian

Meaker firing out the pies. I can see why Tremlett wasn't selected if you're gonna play 2 seamers. Probably wouldn't have bowled enough overs or be a safe enought bet fitness wise to risk playing in a 2 seamer attack. Problem is Meaker and Dernbach are pretty erratic also. Surrey need a proper allrounder if they want to play two spinners like this. ZDB is pretty old and pretty slow these days. Chris Woakes would be ideal if you could have anyone - but im sure every county would like a Woakes.

stumpski

International Captain
Pretty sure they used to play a fc match when they were in different divisions. As you say, a waste of time. Keep rubbish like that for pre-season.

stumpski

International Captain
Meaker firing out the pies. I can see why Tremlett wasn't selected if you're gonna play 2 seamers. Probably wouldn't have bowled enough overs or be a safe enought bet fitness wise to risk playing in a 2 seamer attack. Problem is Meaker and Dernbach are pretty erratic also. Surrey need a proper allrounder if they want to play two spinners like this. ZDB is pretty old and pretty slow these days. Chris Woakes would be ideal if you could have anyone - but im sure every county would like a Woakes.
Yeah we're playing two wicket-keepers, with Davies - presumably - taking the gloves and Wilson on the card at 7. Seems a bit pointless, as you say we need an all-rounder there really.

Pothas

Yeah Tremlett must not be deemed fit enough yet which is a shame, very strange that they are playing two spinners at this stage of the seasn.

Not sure why counties bother playing University sides after the championship has started, is allowing Vince to continue his excellent start to the season though. Querl is also playing for Hants.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
We scored 269-7 declared, but were about 120-7 before Hogg and White put on a load. No Chapple, Prince or Katich.

Yorkshire were 50 for 4 or so but have recoverd to 170-5, Bairstow has 50.