Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Now only two teams haven't been whitewashed!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    He has been good but Compton was good against NZ and you don't see anyone claiming he is as good as Amla/AB. Cherrypicking sample sizes of very small amounts of games to suit an argument is what he does best.

How is Narine doing these days anyway?
    Compton had two good games, Samuels has been superb for a year. And on "current form" it could be argued that Samuels is in the same class as them

International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    He has been good but Compton was good against NZ and you don't see anyone claiming he is as good as Amla/AB. Cherrypicking sample sizes of very small amounts of games to suit an argument is what he does best.

How is Narine doing these days anyway?
    To be fair though Marlon done it in England aswell, who were then number one, so it's not like he just picked on Bang all year, Compton has only done it in one series thus far, Marlon done it in every series he played last year, that's the difference.
    One Day cups- Champions trophy winners-T20 cup-29 test series without defeat record- and some think we're a "minnow".

Quote Originally Posted by Satyanash89 View Post
    Compton had two good games, Samuels has been superb for a year. And on "current form" it could be argued that Samuels is in the same class as them
    I'm glad i'm not alone in that opinion, i think some people just see me say something and immediatly feel compelled to rail against it, the stats are there in black and white at the end of the day, i don't have to prove anything.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    I'm glad i'm not alone in that opinion, i think some people just see me say something and immediatly feel compelled to rail against it, the stats are there in black and white at the end of the day, i don't have to prove anything.
    At least Marlon has actually done something half decent for once. The last two you hyped up as megastars (Brathwaite and Narine) have been dropped for not cutting it. Any wonder why people roll their eyes and disagree with you?

Banned
    woah there let's slow down a bit
    I never said i agreed with your opinion that Samuels is in Amla/ABDV class, even on current form... personally think theyve done it against mostly better opposition and have thus had the better year 2012. Was just saying that if someone did say Samuels of 2012 was as good as Amla/ABDV of 2012, he shouldnt be scoffed at.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyanash89 View Post
    Even though WindieWeathers ' bias can be annoying, I don't think he's claimed anything outrageous by saying Samuels is as good as Amla and ABDV on current form.
    The guy has been seriously good
    Except he's claiming current form then ignoring that and going back to games that suit him.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Yes, but you're not using current stats are you? That's the point - he may have been close to them in 2012, but current stats he's not as they've continued on their form this year, he hasn't.

At least Marlon has actually done something half decent for once. The last two you hyped up as megastars (Brathwaite and Narine) have been dropped for not cutting it. Any wonder why people roll their eyes and disagree with you?
    Kraigg had one bad series against Australia and then lost form for Barbados, yesterday in a four day game though it looked like the penny had finally dropped and he battled to a 91 not out while his team mates fell all around him, he's only 20 so he's got plenty of time to get back in the side, he looked like Chanders yesterday and thats no "hype", it's what everyone saw.

As for Narine, apparently he was "rested" for the Zim series, thats the words of our coach Ottis Gibson, we will see if he's back in the fold when we play a big series against Pakistan in July.

I understand that i can go over the top sometimes, but at least Marlon has the numbers to back it up, so it's not just an opinion there's facts to consider aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Yes, but you're not using current stats are you? That's the point - he may have been close to them in 2012, but current stats he's not as they've continued on their form this year, he hasn't.
    He's played TWO INNINGS though, one of which he got a solid 50, so your last statement is a little overstated imo.

The lack of innings is taken into account by the overall rankings (you know the one's where Amla is 1, AB 3 and Marlon 18, 1 below Ian Bell FFS)

He's not close to them just because of a short purple patch.

School Boy/Girl Captain Challis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Would be so awesome if it were revealed Hashim shaves his balls.
    Considering he's a devout Muslim, I can reveal it is very likely he does!

Who said that?
    I stand by it. As a bowler he's just as good as Jadeja (which is to say, not very good).

They're both useless ****s that shouldn't be in the test team, but Raina adds more if they're batting at 7.
    Last edited by hendrix; 26-03-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Challis View Post
    Considering he's a devout Muslim, I can reveal it is very likely he does!
    likely armpits too.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    I stand by it. As a bowler he's just as good as Jadeja (which is to say, not very good).

They're both useless ****s that shouldn't be in the test team, but Raina adds more if they're batting at 7.
    I guess my main point is that we know Raina as a batsman is not test quality, but then neither is Jadeja.

Moreover, Jadeja hasn't been picked (and will never be picked) as 1st or even 2nd spinner. He makes the team as 3rd spinner/allrounder.

I don't think you'd lose anything with Raina in this position.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Amla

daylight

AB
    Samuels

Saying Samuels atm can stand shoulder to shoulder with AB as a batsmen isn't a stretch, but he certainly is nowhere near as good as Amla.

Since his comeback he's played 8 series, of which only the three in 2012 were productive for him. He was no doubt gun in those, obvious a good batsmen, but when you compare it to AB, who's last poor series was back in 09/10...

I'm not even going to compare him to Amla, who's just too much of a gun.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information