• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Now only two teams haven't been whitewashed!!

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Lolwut stop with the straw man it makes you look silly.

I'm not saying he's done badly but I am saying he's not in the same class as the 2 Saffers.
Yes you've made your opinion clear, i'm just saying the stats from last year didn't comply with it, it's ok though we can move on now.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Saying Samuels is the same class as Amla based on 7 test matches (2 of which were against the unstoppable force that is Bangladesh) is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've heard.

Rangana Herath must be as good as Warne/Murali, he took as many wickets last year as they did over a 12 month period several times during their careers.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saying Samuels is the same class as Amla based on 7 test matches (2 of which were against the unstoppable force that is Bangladesh) is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've heard.

Rangana Herath must be as good as Warne/Murali, he took as many wickets last year as they did over a 12 month period several times during their careers.
Nail on head.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
In this thread I learned:
I rate Samuels higher and Amla lower than most of CricketWeb.
Well apparently some people seem to think i'm comparing Marlon to Bradman!!..so whatever!! :laugh: .

For those who haven't understood what i meant, i merely said I THINK he can stand side to side with Amla and AB on current form, if it's a matter of the whole career then the of course other two have done better thus far, but things change, Clarke wasn't playing like he is now three years ago was he?

Marlon has been a saviour for us over the last 12 months, the t20 cup final just summed up what a class act he really is and that was one of the best knocks of the year without doubt.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well apparently some people seem to think i'm comparing Marlon to Bradman!!..so whatever!! :laugh: .

For those who haven't understood what i meant, i merely said I THINK he can stand side to side with Amla and AB on current form, if it's a matter of the whole career then the of course other two have done better thus far, but things change, Clarke wasn't playing like he is now three years ago was he?

Marlon has been a saviour for us over the last 12 months, the t20 cup final just summed up what a class act he really is and that was one of the best knocks of the year without doubt.
Yeah look I don't agree with you that Samuels is as good as Amla but it's far from the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The extreme reaction for it has surprised me. I don't really think you can actually make a proper case for it but it's not like Amla is Bradman or Samuels is Keiran Powell.

Maybe I've just become desensitised to your bias.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You might as well be, it's that ridiculous a statement.

And by current form you've ignored the 2 Tests that he's played in 2013. When I show you rankings based to a large extent on current form you then decide that they're wrong and you have the stats to prove it.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
You might as well be, it's that ridiculous a statement.

And by current form you've ignored the 2 Tests that he's played in 2013. When I show you rankings based to a large extent on current form you then decide that they're wrong and you have the stats to prove it.
Please stop making excuses, i clearly said "his stats from last year", which is 2012, but you got it wrong, no big deal we all make mistakes :huh: .

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Please stop making excuses, i clearly said "his stats from last year", which is 2012, but you got it wrong, no big deal we all make mistakes :huh: .
No, you clearly claimed that in your opinion "Samuels can stand side to side with Ab and Amla" - when you got rightly called out on it, you decided to ignore recent form (Amla 462 @ 77, AB 470 @ 78, Samuels 77 @ 39) and base it on last year which is total bull****.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
No, you clearly claimed that in your opinion "Samuels can stand side to side with Ab and Amla" - when you got rightly called out on it, you decided to ignore recent form (Amla 462 @ 77, AB 470 @ 78, Samuels 77 @ 39) and base it on last year which is total bull****.
LOL so Amla and co have played more tests than Marlon this year and he just came back from a long lay off to play against Zim where he only batted in two innings and you're saying that thats how we should compare them? :ph34r:

Like i said lets leave it now.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well it's more relevant to current standing than 2012 figures, plus you ignore the fact that they've kept it up this year as well whereas Marlon hasn't, even though he was playing against a(nother) total dross attack. Can see why you'd want to leave it though.

Satyanash89

Banned
I like how Samuel's 2012 record is being criticized for scoring against a weak team and his 2013 record is criticized for not scoring heavily against a weak team.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well it's more relevant to current standing than 2012 figures, plus you ignore the fact that they've kept it up this year as well whereas Marlon hasn't, even though he was playing against a(nother) total dross attack. Can see why you'd want to leave it though.
Alma & AB= five tests this year

Marlon= two tests this year

Yep, thats fair!!..i totally agree with you now!! :D

Satyanash89

Banned
Even though WindieWeathers ' bias can be annoying, I don't think he's claimed anything outrageous by saying Samuels is as good as Amla and ABDV on current form.
The guy has been seriously good

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even though WindieWeathers ' bias can be annoying, I don't think he's claimed anything outrageous by saying Samuels is as good as Amla and ABDV on current form.
The guy has been seriously good
He has been good but Compton was good against NZ and you don't see anyone claiming he is as good as Amla/AB. Cherrypicking sample sizes of very small amounts of games to suit an argument is what he does best.

How is Narine doing these days anyway?