• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Now only two teams haven't been whitewashed!!

Challis

U19 12th Man
I'm stilling waiting to hear who these two teams are. WindieWeathers has hookwinked us into thinking this is yet another thread designed purely for him to big up the West Indies but given they got whitewashed disgracefully less than four years ago, this thread isn't actually about them at all!

Results | England v West Indies 2009 | ESPN Cricinfo
Not only that but what about the thrashing they got here:

Results | West Indies v Bangladesh 2009 | ESPN Cricinfo

:ph34r:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Amla - 903
ABDV - 879
Samuels - 672

Nope, you're right, it's not miles ahead, that was an understatement.
Erm..i don't think so!!..this is the stats from 2012!!..

AB= 10 matches played..815 runs scored at an average of 58

Amla= 10 matches played..1064 runs scored at an average of 70

Samuels= 7 matches played...866 runs scored at an average of 86

LINK

So er i think Samuels had the BETTER average out of those three!!..so nice try, but no cigar i'm afraid!! :laugh:

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Samuels isn't fit to wipe the ball sweat from Amla's crotch, if indeed he did sweat, which is unlikely.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant

LINK

So er i think Samuels had the BETTER average out of those three!!..so nice try, but no cigar i'm afraid!! :laugh:
He's still not in the same class as them two though.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!

LINK

How many tests has each had against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
How many tests has each had against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe?
Out of those seven tests Samuels played last year only two of them were against Bang, the other five were against England away (who were number one at the time) and NZ at home (who have shown that their attack is no joke). The man was pure class imo and in all reality only Clarke and Chanders done much better than him in tests last year, not Amla and AB.

It's a shame he missed the Aus series, otherwise i'd imagine he would have gotten around 1000 runs at the end of the year :cool: .

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets

LINK

Yet the rankings which take into account quality of opposition and relative ease of scoring runs seem to suggest what everybody else is saying - he's having a (so far short) run of form at the moment but is nowhere near either of them or a number of other batsmen around the world.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Yet the rankings which take into account quality of opposition and relative ease of scoring runs seem to suggest what everybody else is saying - he's having a (so far short) run of form at the moment but is nowhere near either of them or a number of other batsmen around the world.
Look you got the stats wrong, lets accept it and move on please!!.