• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Now only two teams haven't been whitewashed!!

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
If its in 2 years you'll have quite possibly lost Chanderpaul then there's no guarantee of Gayle been around either whereas Safrica aren't short of replacements in their batting order and while they ain't gonna replace Kallis anytime soon Amla and Ab are much better than any of the Windies batsmen.

To top that off your going to have to deal with their pace attack which is more than a match for Windies batting.

It will be like Lions fighting lambs.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
this is like ishant sharma getting patto out and then beating his chest about it. zimbabwe and bangladesh are absolutely rubbish at test cricket, it's not a great achievement ffs, calm down.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
If its in 2 years you'll have quite possibly lost Chanderpaul then there's no guarantee of Gayle been around either whereas Safrica aren't short of replacements in their batting order and while they ain't gonna replace Kallis anytime soon Amla and Ab are much better than any of the Windies batsmen.

To top that off your going to have to deal with their pace attack which is more than a match for Windies batting.

It will be like Lions fighting lambs.
I think Samuels can stand side to side with Ab and Amla tbh, but thats just my opinion, yeah SA are a very tough team and i'm not saying we're gonna win there, we've yet to achieve that in our history, but the fact is we've played Aus, England and India away over the last four years and none of them have whitewashed us, and if SL can win a test in SA why can't we? :huh:

We'd most likely lose the series, but i don't believe we'd be swept aside like NZ were recently.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
this is like ishant sharma getting patto out and then beating his chest about it. zimbabwe and bangladesh are absolutely rubbish at test cricket, it's not a great achievement ffs, calm down.
I've never said the Bang or Zim results mean anything, but the NZ result though looks better by the day when you look at what they are doing against England.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
how foolish of me. i actually thought for a moment that nz beating england would raise their rating in your eyes. all it's done is raise the windies one even further.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Odd logic isn't it. WI got beat by England but beat NZ who are probably now gonna beat Eng so WI are therefore better as opposed to the Kiwis been better now and/or England been worse.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Samuels can stand side to side with Ab and Amla tbh, but thats just my opinion, yeah SA are a very tough team and i'm not saying we're gonna win there, we've yet to achieve that in our history, but the fact is we've played Aus, England and India away over the last four years and none of them have whitewashed us, and if SL can win a test in SA why can't we? :huh:

We'd most likely lose the series, but i don't believe we'd be swept aside like NZ were recently.
Because you don't have a half decent spinner who could beat batsmen in flight. Additionally WI batting is much fragile than what we have,

MrPrez

International Debutant

Mate you forgot the part where Johnson Charles>Graeme Smith.

Seriously, this thread makes me so keen for Charles vs Steyn.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Johnson Charles WAG. Can't wait to see him destroy Steyn/Philander with his patented edge through gully