• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Devon Smith

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Hopefully Ganga won't play against England unless he finds some serious maturity soon.
I agree, but even if Devon is recalled at the top of the order there is a spare place in the top 6 unless Dwayne Smith seals his spot in the 4th test/1 dayers.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think Devon Smith will be called up for the one dayers, but its really going to annoy me with two West Indian batsmen running around around being called D.Smith....

How old is Chanderpaul?

Honestly as abd as teh WI bowling has been, their batting has been decent, and have quite a few options. The team really intrigues me, they have a lot of depth, but its all basically at the same quality, so injurries wont really hurt them so much (especially in the future I believe), but besides Lara (and possibel Chnaderpaul) there are no real superstars, just a whole lot of just above average players, that could easily be rotated.

Batsman

Gayle
Hinds
Ganga
D.Smith
D.Smith (yes its really starting to annoy me)
Samuels
Jacobs
Baugh (possibly)

Bowlers

Drakes
Banks
Edwards
Lawson
Taylor
Rampaul
Mohammed
Dillon
Collymore

Theres nothing much between all of these, especially the bowlers. The batsmen are all basically of teh same quality also, especially if you remove Gayle and Baugh.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Prince EWS said:
I think Devon Smith will be called up for the one dayers, but its really going to annoy me with two West Indian batsmen running around around being called D.Smith....
The squad's been named and he isn't in it. Kurt Wilkinson, Ryan Hurley, Ricardo Powell and Ian Bradshaw replace Ganga, Mohammed, Sanford.

How old is Chanderpaul?
29 I believe. Not 100% sure.

D.Smith
D.Smith (yes its really starting to annoy me)
Say DS Smith (Devon) and DR Smith (Dwayne)

Bowlers

Drakes
Banks
Edwards
Lawson
Taylor
Rampaul
Mohammed
Dillon
Collymore[/B]
Add Daren Powell and Ian Bradshaw to that list.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ive enver heard of Bradshaw. What does he bowl?

And regarding the slection of Hurley, it really suprises me. I guess hes the best I can think of really with banks out, but surely there must be someone better, maybe even Mohammed with his powerfulk hitting, although Hurley has that too.......

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Prince EWS said:
Ive enver heard of Bradshaw. What does he bowl?

And regarding the slection of Hurley, it really suprises me. I guess hes the best I can think of really with banks out, but surely there must be someone better, maybe even Mohammed with his powerfulk hitting, although Hurley has that too.......
Bradshaw is a left arm seamer and he can bat as well.

Hurley really hasn't done anything wrong so far in West Indies colours. I would have been surprised if he wasn't called up quite frankly. He fielded brilliantly and bowled with accuracy and turn against Australia. He's very energetic in the field and seemingly injects adrenaline into his fellow players.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Mr. Smith knocked up a good 118 not out against Jamaica today. Good to see that he's not too troubled by the folly of the selectors.
Most encouraging performance in the first round of matches, for me. Also good to see Jason Bennett and Tino Best picking up where they left off last year. Bennett and Best should both be in the international frame if they perform well this season.