• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket draft 1945 -1977

Who will win the 2013 Ashes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Anybody interested in taking part in a draft that spans the era of post WWII right up until the Centenary Test?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Irrelevant option in polls being taken to new levels by having an entirely irrelevant poll.

I applaud your vision

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Irrelevant option in polls being taken to new levels by having an entirely irrelevant poll.

I applaud your vision
Haha, yeah, it's pretty irrelevant i know. Thanks for the reply guys, with Pothas, Howe_zat, Monk, Himannv and myself we have five people so far. I was thinking once we get eight people in total we'll start playing, is everyone ok with that? Also, I was thinking that we could all pick an XI plus a 12th man, how does that sound to you?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, a few rules. Firstly, selected players must have made their DEBUT during this era, however, to allow some of the pre-WWII titans into the fold I will accept pre-WWII players who played 75% of their overall matches during this era. This means that players such as Len Hutton, Lindsay Hassett, Cyril Washbrook, Dudley Nourse and Denis Compton will be allowed whereas players such as Don Bradman, Wally Hammond and George Headley cannot be selected.

Secondly, players who never played in a Test Match but played First Class cricket are allowed to be selected. This means that South African players who were affected by the Apartheid boycott, such as Clive Rice and Garth Le Roux, are up for grabs.

Finally, the 17th of March, 1977, is the cut off date for players as that was when the Centenary Test ended.

Any questions?

watson

Banned
We have 12 participants which is a pretty civilised number. When are you thinking of starting Jimmy?

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, 12 players seems like the right amount in my book. I guess the fairest thing would be to start the first round in order of who replied first, so that would mean the first round order would be this:

- Himmanv
- Monk
- Howe_zat
- Pathos
- LongHopCassidy
- kingkallis
- Blakus
- AndyZaltzHair
- watson
- fredfertang
- bagapath
- jimmy101 (myself)

So, feel free to take it away when you are ready Himmanv, let's get this game started!

watson

Banned
I assume that R2 would be an inversion of R1, and then R3 would be randomised (using a random generator thingy), with R4 being an inversion of R3, and so on. Will there be 11 or 12 rounds?

Also, will the time-outs be 12 hours?

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I assume that R2 would be an inversion of R1, and then R3 would be randomised (using a random generator thingy), with R4 being an inversion of R3, and so on. Will there be 11 or 12 rounds?

Also, will the time-outs be 12 hours?
I was thinking of just shuffling the player who went first down to the bottom of the order each round, that way all 12 of us will get a shot at going first. There will be 12 rounds (11 players and a 12th man to be selected) so I guess 12 is the golden number. Please let me know what you think of this setup guys:

ROUND 2
- Monk
- Howe_zat
- Pathos
- LongHopCassidy
- kingkallis
- Blakus
- AndyZaltzHair
- watson
- fredfertang
- bagapath
- jimmy101 (myself)
- Himmanv

ROUND 3
- Howe_zat
- Pathos
- LongHopCassidy
- kingkallis
- Blakus
- AndyZaltzHair
- watson
- fredfertang
- bagapath
- jimmy101 (myself)
- Himmanv
- Monk

ROUND 4
- Pathos
- LongHopCassidy
- kingkallis
- Blakus
- AndyZaltzHair
- watson
- fredfertang
- bagapath
- jimmy101 (myself)
- Himmanv
- Monk
- Howe_zat

ROUND 5
- LongHopCassidy
- kingkallis
- Blakus
- AndyZaltzHair
- watson
- fredfertang
- bagapath
- jimmy101 (myself)
- Himmanv
- Monk
- Howe_zat
- Pathos

ROUND 6
- kingkallis
- Blakus
- AndyZaltzHair
- watson
- fredfertang
- bagapath
- jimmy101 (myself)
- Himmanv
- Monk
- Howe_zat
- Pathos
- LongHopCassidy

ROUND 7
- Blakus
- AndyZaltzHair
- watson
- fredfertang
- bagapath
- jimmy101 (myself)
- Himmanv
- Monk
- Howe_zat
- Pathos
- LongHopCassidy
- kingkallis

ROUND 8
- AndyZaltzHair
- watson
- fredfertang
- bagapath
- jimmy101 (myself)
- Himmanv
- Monk
- Howe_zat
- Pathos
- LongHopCassidy
- kingkallis
- Blakus

ROUND 9
- watson
- fredfertang
- bagapath
- jimmy101 (myself)
- Himmanv
- Monk
- Howe_zat
- Pathos
- LongHopCassidy
- kingkallis
- Blakus
- AndyZaltzHair

ROUND 10
- fredfertang
- bagapath
- jimmy101 (myself)
- Himmanv
- Monk
- Howe_zat
- Pathos
- LongHopCassidy
- kingkallis
- Blakus
- AndyZaltzHair
- Watson

ROUND 11
- bagapath
- jimmy101 (myself)
- Himmanv
- Monk
- Howe_zat
- Pathos
- LongHopCassidy
- kingkallis
- Blakus
- AndyZaltzHair
- Watson
- fredfertang

ROUND 12
- jimmy101 (myself)
- Himmanv
- Monk
- Howe_zat
- Pathos
- LongHopCassidy
- kingkallis
- Blakus
- AndyZaltzHair
- Watson
- fredfertang
- bagapath

If you don't like this arrangement then please make a proposition of your own, cheers.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
And yes, time-outs will be 12 hours after the previous player has made their selection. EG: Himannv goes first and then if Monk is unable to reply in time the next player can pick as soon as they want. Hopefully we'll all be able to reply quickly so we can have a nice quick game.