• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket draft 1945 -1977

Who will win the 2013 Ashes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

watson

Banned
Should of expected things to slow down over Easter. Might of been wise to have a hiatus
That's alright. KK is around and Andy is generally reliable, so I am more likely to get the player I would like for my next pick.

Still expected someone to have chosen a player after being out all day on a Sunday drive though.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
CricZo XI

1. Sir Geoffrey Boycott /
2. Arthur Morris /
7. Richie Benaud o /
8. Sir Richard Hadlee o /
9. Alan Davidson o /

Last edited:

watson

Banned
It's all happening....

Nice team so far KK. Benaud definitely at No.7 for mine.

ROUND 4
- Pathos- Everton Weekes
- LongHopCassidy- Hanif Mohammad
- kingkallis- Richie Benaud
- Blakus- Neil Adcock
- AndyZaltzHair- Hugh Tayfield
- watson- Rohan Kanhai
- fredfertang- Fazal Mahmood
- bagapath- Wes Hall
- jimmy101- Bishan Bedi
- Himmanv- ?
- Monk/Coronis- Jeff Thomson
- Howe_zat- ?

ROUND 5
- LongHopCassidy- Lance Gibbs
- kingkallis- Arthur Morris
- Blakus- Allan Border
- AndyZaltzHair
- watson
- fredfertang
- bagapath
- jimmy101 (myself)
- Himmanv
- Monk/Coronis
- Howe_zat
- Pathos

Last edited:

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Much to my delight Allan Border made his first class debut in January 1977, 2 months before the cut off date.

3.Viv Richards
4.Allan Border
7.Alan Knot
8.Joel Garner
11.Neil Adcock

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Also, a few rules. Firstly, selected players must have made their DEBUT during this era, however, to allow some of the pre-WWII titans into the fold I will accept pre-WWII players who played 75% of their overall matches during this era. This means that players such as Len Hutton, Lindsay Hassett, Cyril Washbrook, Dudley Nourse and Denis Compton will be allowed whereas players such as Don Bradman, Wally Hammond and George Headley cannot be selected.

Secondly, players who never played in a Test Match but played First Class cricket are allowed to be selected. This means that South African players who were affected by the Apartheid boycott, such as Clive Rice and Garth Le Roux, are up for grabs.

Finally, the 17th of March, 1977, is the cut off date for players as that was when the Centenary Test ended.

Any questions?
From the first page. The bit I've bolded indicates that It's first class debuts. Of course if jimmy101 says otherwise I'll change my pick