• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket draft 1945 -1977

Who will win the 2013 Ashes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

watson

Banned
ROUND 1
-Himmanv- Imran Khan
-Monk- Garfield Sobers
-Howe_zat- Keith Miller
-Pathos- Dennis Lillee
-LongHopCassidy- Sunil Gavaskar
-kingkallis- Richard Hadlee
-Blakus- Viv Richards
-AndyZaltzHair- Mike Procter
-watson- Ray Lindwall
-fredfertang-Fred Trueman
-bagapath-Len Hutton
-jimmy101-Graeme Pollock

ROUND 2
- Monk/Coronis- Barry Richards
- Howe_zat- Clyde Walcott
- Pathos- Greg Chappell
- LongHopCassidy- Michael Holding
- kingkallis- Alan Davidson
- Blakus- Joel Garner
- AndyZaltzHair- Anderson Roberts
- watson- John Snow
- fredfertang- Alec Bedser
- bagapath- Ian Botham
- jimmy101 (myself)- Javed Miandad
- Himmanv- Frank Tyson

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Malcolm Marshall debuted in FC cricket just before his tour of India in 1978. He therefore missed out by several months as far as I can tell (?)

Marshall's first senior appearance was a Geddes Grant/Harrison Line Trophy (List A) match for Barbados on 13 February 1978; again he made a duck and did not take a wicket. Four days later, he made his first-class debut against Jamaica, and whilst he failed to score runs he claimed 6–77 in the Jamaican first innings. On the back of this single first-class appearance he was selected to tour India in 1978/79, many first-choice West Indian stars being unavailable having committed themselves to playing World Series Cricket. Marshall heard of his selection on the radio while working in the storeroom at Banks Brewery, and later claimed he did not know where India was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Marshall
Marshall made his first-class debut in February 1978, aged 19, against Jamaica. Despite being run out for 0, he took his chance with the ball taking 6/77 in the first innings.

http://www.talkcricket.co.uk/guides/malcolm_marshall.html#c

Last edited:

bagapath

International Captain
Round 2:

Thanks guys. Since Marshall's cricinfo biography says his FC career started in 1977 I went for him. They could have meant the 1977-78 season

Am changing my pick to Sir Ian Botham

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Excellent! It's time for round 3...

- Howe_zat
- Pothas
- LongHopCassidy
- kingkallis
- Blakus
- AndyZaltzHair
- watson
- fredfertang