• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket draft 1945 -1977

Who will win the 2013 Ashes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah they do, nothing wrong with your pick at all and I picked Lillee who of course played lots of cricket after 77. I just thought that as it was a 45-77 draft I would pick players that had a real impact in that era.
You guys were definately safe with picking Miller and Lillee anyway :)

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
ROUND 1

Himmanv- Imran Khan
Monk- Garfield Sobers
Howe_zat- Keith Miller
Pathos- Dennis Lillee
LongHopCassidy- Sunil Gavaskar
kingkallis- Richard Hadlee
Blakus- Viv Richards
AndyZaltzHair- Mike Procter
watson- Ray Lindwall
fredfertang-
bagapath-
jimmy101-

ROUND 2

jimmy101-
bagapath-
fredfertang-
watson-
AndyZaltzHair-
Blakus-
kingkallis-
LongHopCassidy-
Pathos-
Howe_zat-
Monk-
Himmanv-

Last edited:

watson

Banned
The 12 Rounds have been set out already Andy, so you might need to consult Jimmy.

But I'm all for inverting R1 to make R2, then doing the Random Generator thing to decide R3 if that's what people prefer.

Don't mind either system, but think the usual CW way of Drafting where the odd Rounds are Randomly Generated and the even Rounds inversions of the odd Rounds, is the best and farest system - and the most exciting because you never know what's going to happen.

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
ROUND 1

Himmanv- Imran Khan
Monk- Garfield Sobers
Howe_zat- Keith Miller
Pathos- Dennis Lillee
LongHopCassidy- Sunil Gavaskar
kingkallis- Richard Hadlee
Blakus- Viv Richards
AndyZaltzHair- Mike Procter
watson- Ray Lindwall
fredfertang-
bagapath-
jimmy101-

ROUND 2

jimmy101-
bagapath-
fredfertang-
watson-
AndyZaltzHair-
Blakus-
kingkallis-
LongHopCassidy-
Pathos-
Howe_zat-
Monk-
Himmanv-
Do you want to take charge of deciding the selection order for the rest of the rounds Andy? By the way, nice pick fredfertang.

watson

Banned
Do you want to take charge of deciding the selection order for the rest of the rounds Andy? By the way, nice pick fredfertang.
You're doing a good job Jimmy!

I'm sure that someone will be very happy to explain the Random Generator thingo to you. I'd like to learn it too.

If we keep R2 as per Andy's suggestion then we have plenty of time up our sleeve - 2 or 3 days till R3.

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
So what do we want to do? Keep things the way they are or switch to the use of the RNG? Majority rules here, I'm easy either way.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Jimmy. Go for your first two picks. I will choose my second one immediately.
I'll just make one pick at the moment to see what the others think about changing the order because a couple of people here seem to be against it. Anyway, my round one pick: Graeme Pollock

bagapath

International Captain
Reversing the order of each round works. After each cycle you can go for the conveyor belt model or the random order. But each round's reverse order keeps the draft on an even keel.