• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket draft 1945 -1977

Who will win the 2013 Ashes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
To be honest I didn't take that into consideration, so I'm easy to let the players who debuted around '75, '76 & '77 to be judged on their entire career. Please let me know what you guys think about this...

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
To be honest I didn't take that into consideration, so I'm easy to let the players who debuted around '75, '76 & '77 to be judged on their entire career. Please let me know what you guys think about this...
Yeh, their entire careers imo. It's a pretty narrow draft already with 12 people (which is cool, cos it makes it more challenging), so entire career could be better.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeh, their entire careers imo. It's a pretty narrow draft already with 12 people (which is cool, cos it makes it more challenging), so entire career could be better.
Yeah, good call Monk, I'm sort of leaning the same way considering we're allowing the pre-WWII players into the fold, I guess this will open up the talent pool a bit and the pickings wont be so slim towards the end of the game.

So, just to clarify: Players' entire careers will be taken into consideration come the vote.

watson

Banned
Intersting choice first-up LongHop. I don't think we've picked Gavaskar in R1 before (?)

KK > Blakus > Andy > Watson

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah was under the impression we were judging more on what they did during the era we are selecting from when I made my pick

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah they do, nothing wrong with your pick at all and I picked Lillee who of course played lots of cricket after 77. I just thought that as it was a 45-77 draft I would pick players that had a real impact in that era.

watson

Banned
Ray Lindwall

Just as an aside - I was surprised to find out that Malcolm Marshall played only a solitary First Class game in 1978 before being sent off on a tour of India. Probably a good decision by the West Indian selectors to take a risk and give the young bloke a go.