• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket draft 1945 -1977

Who will win the 2013 Ashes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

watson

Banned
Yes, that's right, players must have made their First Class debut before the cut off date. By the way, thanks for starting this game off guys since Himannv hasn't made his first selection yet. Let's keep it going :)
It's the FC debut that counts.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, people not realising this is the only reason i can think of that he made it to round 5

watson

Banned
Yeah, people not realising this is the only reason i can think of that he made it to round 5
Border did scrape in by a couple of months, so maybe people didn't consider him because they assumed that he was going to be too late. Or they prefer the batsman they selected anyway for one reason or another.

But, 'Pale Rider' has just finished so it's time to turn-in. Incidently, I recommend the movie for those who are fans of Clint Eastwood. Otherwise, it's rather formula.

Sorry Fred.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Derek Underwood

03. Rohan Kanhai
04. Neil Harvey
08. Ray Lindwall
09. Derek Underwood
10. John Snow

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I shall take the most under-rated all rounder there is for my fifth pick

7. Tony Greig
8.Jim Laker
9. Alec Bedser
10. Fred Trueman
11. Fazal Mahmood

bagapath

International Captain
Round 5: Bill Lawry

Hutton
Lawry
--
--
--
--
Botham
Pollock
Hall
---
---

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Howe was on-line last night for some time. I think that he must be a bit diddums lol

ROUND 4
- Pathos- Everton Weekes
- LongHopCassidy- Hanif Mohammad
- kingkallis- Richie Benaud
- Blakus- Neil Adcock
- AndyZaltzHair- Hugh Tayfield
- watson- Rohan Kanhai
- fredfertang- Fazal Mahmood
- bagapath- Wes Hall
- jimmy101- Bishan Bedi
- Himmanv- Peter May
- Monk/Coronis- Jeff Thomson
- Howe_zat- Erapalli Prasanna

ROUND 5
- LongHopCassidy- Lance Gibbs
- kingkallis- Arthur Morris
- Blakus- Allan Border
- AndyZaltzHair- Kapil Dev
- watson- Derek Underwood
- fredfertang- Tony Greig
- bagapath- Bill Lawry
- jimmy101
- Himmanv
- Monk/Coronis
- Howe_zat
- Pathos

Last edited:

watson

Banned
That sounds far better than my actual excuse. Just Easter and computer trouble mate.
That's interesting, I thought Sri Lanka was predominantly Buddhist/Hindu. But I guess that there still might be some C of E or Catholic influence.

Himannv

International Coach
That's interesting, I thought Sri Lanka was predominantly Buddhist/Hindu. But I guess that there still might be some C of E or Catholic influence.
Anglican (read Protestant if that's Greek sounding) ftr. We're probably a minority of course, but we're reasonably represented.