• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chuckers

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
And when you say history of chucking, what are you on about?

And Murali wasn't a Pakistani. The subcontinent isn't all one big country you know.

MrPrez

International Debutant
And when you say history of chucking, what are you on about?

And Murali wasn't a Pakistani. The subcontinent isn't all one big country you know.
Putting words into my mouth :huh: I didn't even mention Murali, wtf.

Shoaib Malik is another example.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Putting words into my mouth :huh: I didn't even mention Murali, wtf.

Shoaib Malik is another example.
Just wanted to remind you about Murali. ;)

You just keep picking players from random without any proof.

Genuine question. Have the umpires, opposition players or the ICC complained about Malik and Hafeez? Have their actions ever been tested like Ajmal, Botha and Murali?

MrPrez

International Debutant
Just wanted to remind you about Murali. ;)

You just keep picking players from random without any proof.

Genuine question. Have the umpires, opposition players or the ICC complained about Malik and Hafeez? Have their actions ever been tested like Ajmal, Botha and Murali?
Hafeez: http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/11470-hafeez-reported-icc-chucking-4.html
Malik: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/picturegalleries/9027977/Bowlers-accused-of-chucking-in-pictures.html?image=3

Ajmal:

Greats divided on legality of Ajmal's action - The Times of India

Bob Willis accuses Saeed Ajmal of chucking | Mail Online

MrPrez

International Debutant
Well, guys like Hafeez and Malik were accused of chucking nearly 10 years ago. Maybe of old wasn't the right term but Pakistani off-spinners like the three I've mentioned have been using the doosra ever since Saqlain invented it over 20 years ago. So it's been a huge part of Pakistani cricket for that time.And we all know the doosra requires arm-straightening.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Well, guys like Hafeez and Malik were accused of chucking nearly 10 years ago. Maybe of old wasn't the right term but Pakistani off-spinners like the three I've mentioned have been using the doosra ever since Saqlain invented it over 20 years ago. So it's been a huge part of Pakistani cricket for that time.And we all know the doosra requires arm-straightening.
Huge part lol.

Saqlain never chucked and since then it has only been Ajmal. Malik and Hafeez might have been suspected but that's about it.

And what exactly have Hafeez and Malik done for Pakistan and how are they heroes?

MrPrez

International Debutant
Saqlain did straighten his arm to bowl the doosra. It wasn't nearly as much as nowadays, but it's still chucking.

Between Ajmal and Hafeez you have the core of Indian spin over the past how-long. Malik has bowled in 167 innings too, so there's that for you. That's a fair bit of spin over the past 10 years, I'd say.

adrianharvey

Cricket Spectator
I don't really remember chucking being so obvious back more than 15 years ago really, but I guess that's because there's far more cricket from around the world shown on TV now, and the technology shows up those who do do it.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Saqlain did straighten his arm to bowl the doosra. It wasn't nearly as much as nowadays, but it's still chucking.

Between Ajmal and Hafeez you have the core of Indian spin over the past how-long. Malik has bowled in 167 innings too, so there's that for you. That's a fair bit of spin over the past 10 years, I'd say.
What are you on about? Core of Indian spin? And again what have Hafeez and Malik done for Pakistan in the last 10 years?

Saqlain did not chuck!!!!

MrPrez

International Debutant
Also, btw, you probably missed the white text in my first post, Agent. It was originally meant to be a double-ended jibe targeting the Pakistani match-throwers of the past, with guys like Ajmal and Malik having had action-worries.

MrPrez

International Debutant
What are you on about? Core of Indian spin? And again what have Hafeez and Malik done for Pakistan in the last 10 years?

Saqlain did not chuck!!!!
*Pakistani. It's a simple typo, let's not get overexcited.

Hafeez and Malik have been two key bowlers, particularly in the ODI scene, for Pakistan over the past 10 years. Add that to Ajmal and...

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
You talk about the past and then say 10 years regarding players who are still playing.

Malik and Hefeez have never been key bowlers and how do you know that they are flexing more than they should?

I didn't miss that Prez. But I also saw your post about Pak heroes from the past being regular chuckers. Spin has never been our greatest asset. It's always been quick bowling.