• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A decade on from the Zimbabwe debacle

stumpski

International Captain
Yeah, remember it well. I was torn for a while, but in the end I was pleased that we didn't go to Zimbabwe, even though it ended up costing us a Super Six place. We should have beaten Australia of course.

Can 2003 be considered the first Internet world Cup? I would guess that not that many supporters were on line four years earlier. I just missed out, I didn't get Internet access till later that year but I expect many of you had it. CW was in existence by then of course.

davidmutton

School Boy/Girl Captain
Interestingly (well, sort of interestingly) I think Cricinfo covered the 1996 World Cup in some depth, with live scorecards and ball-by-ball commentaries. There can't have been that many people online to follow it though.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The first time that I can clearly remember using cricinfo to follow test cricket was during the 01/02 VB series, and that was because they had a link to the audio of the Channel 9 coverage (sadly didn't last beyond that series), but I was definitely aware of its existence before that point - just didn't use the internet that much.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
2000 would've been the latest that I started looking up cricket online, because I can recall baggygreen.com.au being flogged on Channel 9 back then. In fact it was probably earlier as I recall visiting Cricinfo prior to then.

As for the 2003 world cup, Kenya making the semi finals was amusing to say the least.