• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your own "I was there" moments

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
People often claim to be have been somewhere they weren't in the case of a great historical moment. For instance about 100,000 people seem to claim to have been amongst the 5,000 or so on the last day at Headingley in 1981.

What is your own genuine "I was there" moment.

The one I still brag about most is Viv Richard's 189 not out at Old Trafford in 1984 in the 1st ODI of that summer.

MrPrez

International Debutant
I was there when Guptill actually scored an international century.

I was there when Buffalo Park had a power issue and the match was stopped for an hour as a result.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saw NZ chase 350 to win an ODI in Hamilton, including Hayden's Australian-record 181* and McMillan scoring NZ's fastest ton.

adub

International Captain
Saw Steve Waugh get out without adding to his overnight total after the famous 4 on the last ball to bring up his ton at the SCG.

Gilly and Vaughan cracked excellent tons though that day.

ajdude

International Coach
uh johnson charles' maiden odi century, ponting's 99 v south africa, the first half of watson's maiden test century and an ishant sharma odi motm performance in 2008

goddamnit

Number 11

State 12th Man
Siddle hattrick in the 2010/2011 Ashes. Pretty much the only positive to take from the whole series. Was made even better when Broad referred it and the crowd ripped into him.