• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your own "I was there" moments

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
I was at Sydney 2012 against India when Clarke scored 329*, Huss scored 150* and Ponting scored what would be a breakthrough ton. Also the last series of Dravid and (I think?) Laxman.

Was also at Bellerive in 2009 or so when Punter scored his 200 at home against Pakistan, in 2012 to see Hussey score his last ever test ton and in 2011 to see us choke massively and lose to NZ (although I try to forget that).

burr

State Vice-Captain
The people who posted about being there for the '99 IndiavPak game, 2001 IndiavAus decider and 2005 first day Ashes I am jealous!

I have been to a lot of cricket but most of the days fade from memory to be honest. For example I completely forgot I was also there for Warne's 700th wicket until a poster brought it up.

The only day of cricket I remember vividly was this one-dayer:

10th Match: Australia v New Zealand at Melbourne, Jan 29, 2002 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Bond, Bevan and a must-win to stay in the comp. The atmosphere in the 'G that night was electric. Felt like a 2-point game in an AFL grand final or something.

I think no matter how great a cricketing moment the crowd is what makes it. For that reason I would seriously consider selling my soul to have been at Kensington Oval in '99 when Lara won the game for the Windies.

watson

Banned
Watched Dennis Amiss score a century on his way to 203, 3rd day Kennington Oval 1976. All to no avail though as Holding produced his best ever spell in England's second innings.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
magically went on holidays all through the third test iirc
Hahaha.........dunno Uvo, can't remember the 3rd test at all. Remember the second half of the first, the 2nd, 4th and 5th like its was yesterday..........did they even play the 3rd???