• W.G. Grace

4 4.44%
  • Other

2 2.22%
Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Best After The Don

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    So it looks as though Sachin Tendulkar is the second best batsman after Bradman. This is a predictable shame because I'd much rather watch Lara or Sobers bat. Or even Viv Richards or Greg Chappell for that matter, provided that their respective on-drives are on song.

Incidently, why has George Headley received no votes, yet Ponting and Kallis received 3 each? That makes no sense at all.
    Guess the modern players are rated more highly cos people consider them better athletes, they're still fresh in peoples minds etc. Tendulkar winner.. big surprise. Big shame too, Hobbs, Sobers and Viv clearly ahead of him imo. But to each their own.

International Vice-Captain kyear2's Avatar
    Headley would have been my second choice and to me are the two best we have produced. What Headley did to prop up that woeful team is just amazing and what video I have seen from him, he was just magical.
    Why Viv is number one for me? Faced the best bowlers of them all and just didn't milk them or rotate the strike, he destroyed and demoralised them, making it easier for those to come after him. From 1976 to the very early '80's and including WSC, it's hard to belive that there has ever been a better batsman, especially considering the conditions, pitches and bowlers he faced.
    There is a reason Lara is the prince, there can only be one King and he was the Master Blaster.
    Aus. XI
    Simpson^ | Hayden | Bradman | Chappell^ | Ponting | Border* | Gilchrist+ | Davidson3 | Warne4^ | Lillee1 | McGrath2

W.I. XI
    Greenidge | Hunte | Richards^ | Headley* | Lara^ | Sobers5^ | Walcott+ | Marshall1 | Ambrose2 | Holding3 | Garner4

S.A. XI
    Richards^ | Smith*^ | Amla | Pollock | Kallis5^ | Nourse | Waite+ | Procter3 | Steyn1 | Tayfield4 | Donald2

Eng. XI
    Hobbs | Hutton*^ | Hammond^ | Compton | Barrington | Botham5^ | Knott | Trueman1 | Laker4 | Larwood2 | Barnes3

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyear2 View Post
    Headley would have been my second choice and to me are the two best we have produced. What Headley did to prop up that woeful team is just amazing and what video I have seen from him, he was just magical.
    Why Viv is number one for me? Faced the best bowlers of them all and just didn't milk them or rotate the strike, he destroyed and demoralised them, making it easier for those to come after him. From 1976 to the very early '80's and including WSC, it's hard to belive that there has ever been a better batsman, especially considering the conditions, pitches and bowlers he faced.
    There is a reason Lara is the prince, there can only be one King and he was the Master Blaster.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Banned
    ponting , ok.
    kallis
    then wher is dravid ? steve ? worrel ? border ? barrington ? weekes? miandad ...........................

and NO RANJI and TRUMPER

still scratching around in the same old hole
    I don't have an opinion on who is number 2. Just being in the argument is a sign of greatness and there are, IMO, no right or wrong answers.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    I don't have an opinion on who is number 1. Just being in the argument is a sign of greatness and there are, IMO, no right or wrong answers.
    fixed

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sobers no:1 View Post
    ponting , ok.
    kallis
    then wher is dravid ? steve ? worrel ? border ? barrington ? weekes? miandad ...........................

and NO RANJI and TRUMPER
    None of those could legitimately claim to be the the best after bradman imo. Great batsmen but they're all probably in the tier below the ones in the poll.

Except trumper... He probably should have been mentioned.

Also I find it a travesty that Headley has no votes. Feel guilty voting for Tendulkar now.

U19 Debutant
    ponting , ok.
    kallis

and NO RANJI and TRUMPER
    There is an option "Other" ..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyanash89 View Post
    None of those could legitimately claim to be the the best after bradman imo. Great batsmen but they're all probably in the tier below the ones in the poll.

Also I find it a travesty that Headley has no votes. Feel guilty voting for Tendulkar now.
    so ranji cant (no:1 batsman of his era )..
    kallis can ( not even in top tier of his era. comfortably below sachin, lara > ponting in general view and arguably equal/better/below dravid )

International Vice-Captain kyear2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyanash89 View Post

Headley for me, deserves to be rated above some of the others with votes. Number three overall IMHO.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by doesitmatter View Post
    There is an option "Other" ..
    so i can nominate allan donald

greatest batsman from WI- lara , viv , headly , greendige , other
    best spinner of last 25 years - murali , kumble , other

in future we can expct these kind of polls and options

Banned

in future we can expct these kind of polls and options
    Your ability to construct sentences with the least possible number of vowels is quite brilliant

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    So it looks as though Sachin Tendulkar is the second best batsman after Bradman. This is a predictable shame because I'd much rather watch Lara or Sobers bat. Or even Viv Richards or Greg Chappell for that matter, provided that their respective on-drives are on song.

Incidently, why has George Headley received no votes, yet Ponting and Kallis received 3 each? That makes no sense at all.
    Heh? Voting is democratic dude! Why is it a shame?

International Vice-Captain Monk's Avatar

Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information