• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shikhar Dhawan

dhillon28

U19 Debutant
Fastest century on debut ever! What a performance....so destructive, even Viv and Viru in their primes would have been proud!

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At 27 too - where have India been hiding him, or does his innings say more about Australia's bowling than Dhawan's batting?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting knock, most of his runs were boundaries off length balls just outside off stump. It could be that he has unorthodox strengths and attacks need to rethink the standard line and length to bowl. Obviously their techniques aren't similar but it still reminded me a little of the early Phil Hughes knocks.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
At 27 too - where have India been hiding him, or does his innings say more about Australia's bowling than Dhawan's batting?
I wrote this on the India vs Australia thread!!

Hold on, is that the same "Dhawan" who came to the Caribbean last year with an A-team featuring Pujura, Kumar, Tiwary, Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Dinda etc and was getting peppered so badly that the coaches were forced to drop him in the end HERE? bloody hell how things have changed.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
185* at time of writing.

Forgive me being too lazy to look it up, what are the highest scores in a debut test innings?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Clarke's was fairly gash before his debut. The one thing you can't predict when selecting a first timer is their ability to shake off the awe of "FMD, I'm playing Test cricket!" and making the mental step-ups required.
I was just responding to the query about where India was hiding him. He hadn't exactly set the world on fire. This wasn't the case of someone like Badrinath or Rahane who had been decimating domestic attacks and yet hadn't gotten the chance at the Test level for whatever reason.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting knock, most of his runs were boundaries off length balls just outside off stump. It could be that he has unorthodox strengths and attacks need to rethink the standard line and length to bowl. Obviously their techniques aren't similar but it still reminded me a little of the early Phil Hughes knocks.
This

Brlliant knock but I get the feeling he'd be giving slips catching practice outside the subcontinent

Cricketismylife

U19 12th Man
Absolutely outstanding performance from Dhawan, he may have problems in the future outside the subcontinent in the 2nd innings of a test etc etc, but for now we should just appreciate what a superb performance it has been.

Reminiscent of a typical Sehwag innings, it's one of those that is so unbelievable that people sometimes feel the need to cut it down and make references to weak attacks, technique etc a bit like Bradman's average.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
He's been introduced at the right time, surely. Not too early, not way past his prime either. Nearly a decade of domestic/development cricket experience has helped a lot. Maybe you can add a flat pitch and second-string bowling to that.

We wouldn't want him playing T20Is, though.

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
wow what an innings it was fun to watch..Dhawan being a lefty would be a good edition to the Indian top-order as well.. ..Hardly any bowler who can bowl good to a lefty..>2K proves it..