Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: How does a team maintain greatness ?

  1. #16
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,567
    Love it when SS launches against the concept of "Australianism" as a reason why the Australian cricket team were good. Always entertaining.

  2. #17
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,652
    Haha. Man I hate that word so much. It's like "American Exceptionalism." It's a stupid self-aggrandizing term that explains away real successes by attributing it to some ephemeral quality - eg you get off the boat, take a whiff of Ellis Island, and voila - you're exceptional. Ignores some very important reasons for why America was successful - and by ignoring it, you're harming yourself long term because you think it's innate rather than something you have to create, nurture and maintain.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  3. #18
    International Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dunno. I say Marco you say Polo.
    Posts
    2,035
    Haven't heard the term but agree with your last post.
    Last edited by the big bambino; 14-03-2013 at 07:54 PM.

  4. #19
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,633
    clearly australianism is an intrinsic attribute of our cricketers and explains our success. foreign born coach, players and spending time away from the giver of this talent, terra australis, has diluted the australianism and therefore our success.

    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.


  5. #20
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,567
    Mateship


  6. #21
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    The fact that Australia has a ****ing vegetarian opening the bowling is a source of great concern.

    Without checking the statistics, I would say India has a relatively high vegetarianism rate, and when was the last time they had a decent fast bowler?

    Mother ****er.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  7. #22
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,633
    isnt he vegan? much worse

  8. #23
    State Regular L Trumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Haha. Man I hate that word so much. It's like "American Exceptionalism." It's a stupid self-aggrandizing term that explains away real successes by attributing it to some ephemeral quality - eg you get off the boat, take a whiff of Ellis Island, and voila - you're exceptional. Ignores some very important reasons for why America was successful - and by ignoring it, you're harming yourself long term because you think it's innate rather than something you have to create, nurture and maintain.
    I ****ing hate that word. Ironic neo-cons love that word considering Stalin was the one who popularized it.

  9. #24
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    343
    Well Well Well

  10. #25
    Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    15,685
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    The fact that Australia has a ****ing vegetarian opening the bowling is a source of great concern.

    Without checking the statistics, I would say India has a relatively high vegetarianism rate, and when was the last time they had a decent fast bowler?

    Mother ****er.
    even though I am a veggie myself, that was just too funny.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

    Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.


    Check out this awesome e-fed:

    PWE Efed

  11. #26
    International Vice-Captain Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,391
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    The fact that Australia has a ****ing vegetarian opening the bowling is a source of great concern.

    Without checking the statistics, I would say India has a relatively high vegetarianism rate, and when was the last time they had a decent fast bowler?

    Mother ****er.
    I've been considering vegetarianism for some time, mostly due to ethical concerns about animal welfare. It's a big decision though. Leaves me open to ridicule when camping with the mates. Means I can't just throw a steak and a few sausages on the BBQ. Means I can't have roast lamb anymore (probably my favourite food). Winter beef stews. Bangers and mash. Burritos. Bacon.


    ****, I'm hungry now...

  12. #27
    Cricketer Of The Year Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Posts
    7,665
    Sounds like you need to learn about a little thing called the food chain.

    Last edited by Bahnz; 19-03-2013 at 10:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

  13. #28
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    343
    Lets hope watson does a good job as captain.

  14. #29
    International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hamilton, city of well....
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    isnt he vegan? much worse
    Mitch McClenaghan lives of broccoli and he isnt that bad

  15. #30
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    343

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Cup 2011 Fantasy Cricket - Ready for your Team!
    By James in forum Cricket Web Forum Announcements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 11:37 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 12:18 AM
  3. Qayyum's report
    By Xuhaib in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 07:25 AM
  4. Battrick Team Details
    By superkingdave in forum Battrick
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 04-08-2007, 02:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •