• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pietersen vs Sangakkara

better batsman tests

• Total voters

mundroina

Cricket Spectator
Obviously it's Sangakkara!

He has the best Test Average of anyone who's scored over 10000 runs.

You could make a case that he's in the top 5 ever to play the game.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
lol :D

By the same arguments made here Barrington/Weekes are better than Richards and Border, batting is about more than just statistics. Surprised by the decisiveness of the poll, but as previously stated both great batsmen though, no doubt.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
You could make the case Anil Kumble is one of the top 5 bowlers to play the game. I mean, he's got the 3rd lowest average of anyone to take 600 wickets!!

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I can't believe 18 people voted for KP!?!

Sanga is an ATG - along with Kallis the best batsman this millenium (they actually both average 58.66 since 2000 but Kallis has twice as many not outs) whereas KP is simply a very very good international batsman.

Stats for runscorers since 2000:

Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

It shows the depth of South African batting though to think even KP had made the Proteas he would have been one of the lesser batsmen - behind Kallis, ABDV, Amla and (probably) Smith - ridiculous depth!

EDIT: Interesting that no one (has) faced more deliveries than Dravid in that time - truly the Wall.

Here are the leading wicket takers in that time - Murali miles out in front from Steyn, Harby and Jimmy Anderson. Only 8 (if I can count) of the top 50 averaging under 26:

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/stats...0;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
kp has a bowling average of 88.6 and he has taken 10 wickets

sanga has a better economy though lacks the penetration of kp and has never taken a wicket

lol@sanga

niff nuff

stats speak for themselves tbh

Howe_zat

Audio File
Kinda says a bit that this seemed like a comparison people thought they could make just because KP had only just played a really good innings against India

CWers: Not selectors. Reasons: Good

Howe_zat

Audio File
In Cw's defence, I've just seen the OP was banned, presumably for this

you probably just hate flem. it's very understandable.
I laughed at this post, liked it, and continued scrolling to discover I'd already posted a laugh smiley. I guess I hate flem more than I knew