72. You may not vote on this poll
  • KP

18 25.00%
  • sanga

54 75.00%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pietersen vs Sangakkara

U19 Cricketer
    [QUOTE=Flem274*;3036961]Not close for me. KP is no Sanga but he's better than AB imo. Incidentally I agree that KP is a little bit better than de Villiers. However for whatever reason the difference in ability with the bat is not really reflected in the stats, which would suggest that they're on about the same level. Given that, I'd take de Villiers for his fielding/wicketkeeping and for being a better team man seemingly.
    "In 2009 he lost his old, faded India cap, when it was stolen from a ground. He was very, very upset about it. It was dear to him and he was extremely proud to wear it."

Vijeeta Dravid on her husband Rahul, March 2012

Poor old Chanders, never gets a mention....

Tournaments Won: 1
    I'd take ABDV over Pietersen as batsmen provided that AB wasn't keeping/captaining. Obviously a bit of bias, but I definitely reckon AB will be considered > Pietersen when their careers are over.
    @CowsCorner - 202 followers and counting!

Disclaimer: I am a biased South African. Anything I say is likely to have something in it that ultimately favours the Proteas.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flametree View Post
    Poor old Chanders, never gets a mention....
    Probably cos he's a selfish ****.

I'm withholding judgement on AbDev for a few more years, realistically this is his peak afaik especially if he keeps keeping as he is now because its going to shorten his career given his supposed back problems when he keeps.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Tom View Post
    Probably cos he's a selfish ****.

I'm withholding judgement on AbDev for a few more years, realistically this is his peak afaik especially if he keeps keeping as he is now because its going to shorten his career given his supposed back problems when he keeps.
    Mmmm, just like anyone who saves their team multiple times is a selfish ****.

International Vice-Captain kyear2's Avatar
    He is selfish, and he has demonstrated it too many times to mention in his career.
    Aus. XI
    Simpson^ | Hayden | Bradman | Chappell^ | Ponting | Border* | Gilchrist+ | Davidson3 | Warne4^ | Lillee1 | McGrath2

W.I. XI
    Greenidge | Hunte | Richards^ | Headley* | Lara^ | Sobers5^ | Walcott+ | Marshall1 | Ambrose2 | Holding3 | Garner4

S.A. XI
    Richards^ | Smith*^ | Amla | Pollock | Kallis5^ | Nourse | Waite+ | Procter3 | Steyn1 | Tayfield4 | Donald2

Eng. XI
    Hobbs | Hutton*^ | Hammond^ | Compton | Barrington | Botham5^ | Knott | Trueman1 | Laker4 | Larwood2 | Barnes3

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by kyear2 View Post
    He is selfish, and he has demonstrated it too many times to mention in his career.
    Completely agree with you about Chanderpaul. Firstly, he's not in Sanga's class anyway. His average and strike rate are inferior by non negligible amounts, and he has proved on many occasions in his career that he only knows how to bat at one tempo regardless of match dynamics and the needs of his team. Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, all you need to do to understand his disgracefully self-centred approach to what is quintessentially a team game, is to watch in succession each of the many run out incidents involving Chanderpaul but in which he hardly ever is the one to lose his wicket. There are many good reasons why Chanderpaul is not considered a great player even by the West Indians, who have had enough great batsmen to know one when they see one.

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by CWB304 View Post
    Completely agree with you about Chanderpaul. Firstly, he's not in Sanga's class anyway. His average and strike rate are inferior by non negligible amounts, and he has proved on many occasions in his career that he only knows how to bat at one tempo regardless of match dynamics and the needs of his team. Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, all you need to do to understand his disgracefully self-centred approach to what is quintessentially a team game, is to watch in succession each of the many run out incidents involving Chanderpaul but in which he hardly ever is the one to lose his wicket. There are many good reasons why Chanderpaul is not considered a great player even by the West Indians, who have had enough great batsmen to know one when they see one.
    Not losing your wicket is always the sign of horrible batsman

I'm guessing you never saw him smack that 69 ball century, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by CWB304 View Post
    Completely agree with you about Chanderpaul. Firstly, he's not in Sanga's class anyway. His average and strike rate are inferior by non negligible amounts, and he has proved on many occasions in his career that he only knows how to bat at one tempo regardless of match dynamics and the needs of his team.
    IIRC he has hit one of the fastest test centuries ever.

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    IIRC he has hit one of the fastest test centuries ever.
    I know; so what? I have also seen Misbah bat like a cross between Lance Klusener and Viv Richards for short stretches. But I could also off the top of my head list a dozen innings in which both of these players have crawled along unnecessarily slowly in a way that has hindered rather than helped the ultimate goals of their respective teams. As for the muppet above who seems to think I'm marking down Chanderpaul for "not losing his wicket", as opposed to a consistent track record of craven selfishness which includes not only refusing to do the correct thing even when at fault in mix ups in running between the wicket, but also accumulating runs in a way that often goes against the best interests of his team, I'm LOLing at you mate, on account of your obvious lack of reading comprehension and/or imbecility. If you can't understand the nuances of another poster's arguments, it's better to ask nicely - or remain silent - than to make a public fool of yourself.

International Vice-Captain kyear2's Avatar
    Really should cut back on the personal attacks.

Banned
    Completely agree with you about CWB304. Firstly, he's not in Coronis' class anyway. His rudeness and personal attack rate are superior by non
    negligible amounts, and he has proved on many occasions in his career that he only knows how to post how he wants regardless of thread dynamics and the needs of the forum. You need to understand CWB304's disgracefully self-centred approach in what is quintessentially a community. There are many good reasons why CWB304 is not considered a great poster even by the CWers, who have had enough great posters to know one when they see one.

Ftr, I think CWB304 is a quality poster but I just couldn't resist
    Last edited by Satyanash89; 21-03-2013 at 06:07 AM.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    not bad.

U19 Cricketer
    Read what he wrote! The other poster first of all deliberately misrepresented me - I did not mark down Chanders for "not losing his wicket" -; and then he added one of those annoying smileys to multiply the ridicule - of what I hadn't written! I was, if anything, insufficiently vigorous in response.

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyanash89 View Post
    Completely agree with you about CWB304. Firstly, he's not in Coronis' class anyway. His rudeness and personal attack rate are superior by non
    negligible amounts, and he has proved on many occasions in his career that he only knows how to post how he wants regardless of thread dynamics and the needs of the forum. You need to understand CWB304's disgracefully self-centred approach in what is quintessentially a community. There are many good reasons why CWB304 is not considered a great poster even by the CWers, who have had enough great posters to know one when they see one.

Ftr, I think CWB304 is a quality poster but I just couldn't resist
    you do CWB304 better than the original!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information