• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pietersen vs Sangakkara

better batsman tests

• Total voters

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
idk about this. sanga at his best is awesome but kp at his best is difficult to comprehend.
I'd say KP looks more outrageous at his best... not necessarily that his best is better.

KP wasn't like say a Sehwag at his best tbh. Now, that is one bloke who was difficult to comprehend when he got going.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
When we start debating how one looks when batting and who looks more ridiculous or astonishing etc. its all subjective.

I can see the argument that KP just looks crazy when he's playing unbelievable shots to the best bowlers or on bunsen turners, like he did in 3 or 4 separate innings in 2012. I can equally see the argument that Sanga tops that when he legitimately looks like he's not going to go out whatever the bowler does.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Lol Sangakkara is miles ahead of Pietersen! Take a look at his record almost touching 60s.How many have achieved this in the modern day? Even those days it was only Bradman who managed to average above 60.Both Greame Pollock and George Headley played only 20 to 30 tests,where the sample size is smaller.Sanga has played over 130 tests.He's the fastest to reach 7000,8000,9000 and 10000 runs in test cricket.Averaging 58+ in 130 tests is marvelous.He could only be compared with the likes of Tendulkar and Lara.But then again most people tend to under rate Sanga because most of his innings are not match winning ones,meaning most of his innings are not out of surprise.You're so sure when Sanga comes out that he'll prolly score a 50+ score all the time,unless something freak happens.Over the last 3-4 Sanga has been gigantic.His records have spoken for his greatness.Mind you Sanga played as a WK batsmen for most of his career.He even batted at no.3 after keeping wickets for couple of days.That was the commitment of the guy.But for the betterment of the team,we gloved Prasanna Jayawardena to make Sanga solely concentrate on batting.Sanga is a true individual.Had he done this in his middle 20s instead of the late 30s.He could've surely been within the ranks of Sachin and Lara.Unfortunately for him,he was 23 by the time he made it to the national team,and now he's 37.He might play test cricket for another year I suppose.He would overcome Ponting I guess,not Tendulkar surely

cnerd123

likes this
Lol Sangakkara is miles ahead of Pietersen! Take a look at his record almost touching 60s.How many have achieved this in the modern day? Even those days it was only Bradman who managed to average above 60.Both Greame Pollock and George Headley played only 20 to 30 tests,where the sample size is smaller.Sanga has played over 130 tests.He's the fastest to reach 7000,8000,9000 and 10000 runs in test cricket.Averaging 58+ in 130 tests is marvelous.He could only be compared with the likes of Tendulkar and Lara.But then again most people tend to under rate Sanga because most of his innings are not match winning ones,meaning most of his innings are not out of surprise.You're so sure when Sanga comes out that he'll prolly score a 50+ score all the time,unless something freak happens.Over the last 3-4 Sanga has been gigantic.His records have spoken for his greatness.Mind you Sanga played as a WK batsmen for most of his career.He even batted at no.3 after keeping wickets for couple of days.That was the commitment of the guy.But for the betterment of the team,we gloved Prasanna Jayawardena to make Sanga solely concentrate on batting.Sanga is a true individual.Had he done this in his middle 20s instead of the late 30s.He could've surely been within the ranks of Sachin and Lara.Unfortunately for him,he was 23 by the time he made it to the national team,and now he's 37.He might play test cricket for another year I suppose.He would overcome Ponting I guess,not Tendulkar surely
You've convinced me.

I'm going to vote for KP.

Thanks.

OverratedSanity

Bolded parts were the best

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I get the logic but it just doesn't apply here. Sanga at his best is just as astonishing as KP. He's played some ridiculously great knocks.
Yeah but Sanga plays for SL so no one rates his greatest knocks as being as good as the great KP knocks when everyone is watching :ph34r:

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Sanga's so unfortunate.Just as Kallis.They are under rated batsmen.Tendulkar is over rated.

Best All time test batsmen should be,2000s-up to date

1.Sangakkara
2.Kallis
3.Lara
4.Tendulkar
5.Ponting

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Once again, Sutcliffe is overlooked.

kp has a bowling average of 88.6 and he has taken 10 wickets

sanga has a better economy though lacks the penetration of kp and has never taken a wicket

lol@sanga

niff nuff

stats speak for themselves tbh
Sanga a much better fielder though. Plus won more matches as captain. GG no re.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea apples no contest. More nutritious, can be used in juices, deserts, salads.

Cucumbers are boring and bland.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will be honest - I specifically instruct the Subway "Sandwich Artists" to forgo the cucumbers every time.

OverratedSanity

Cucumbers and capsicums are disgusting abominations that serve no purpose except give would-be-delicious food the illusion of being healthy, coz vegetables.