• KP

18 25.00%
  • sanga

54 75.00%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Pietersen vs Sangakkara

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CWB304 View Post
    Read what he wrote! The other poster first of all deliberately misrepresented me - I did not mark down Chanders for "not losing his wicket" -; and then he added one of those annoying smileys to multiply the ridicule - of what I hadn't written! I was, if anything, insufficiently vigorous in response.

CWB WAG
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by CWB304 View Post
    Read what he wrote! The other poster first of all deliberately misrepresented me - I did not mark down Chanders for "not losing his wicket" -; and then he added one of those annoying smileys to multiply the ridicule - of what I hadn't written! I was, if anything, insufficiently vigorous in response.

Anyways mate, sorry if I misinterpreted you, but when people start on about being a selfish batsman (i.e making slow runs, having a low strikerate etc.) my mind just goes straight to thinking that basically, batsmen people consider selfish are the ones who aren't taking unnecessary risks and losing their wicket cheaply all the time. Chanders has proved that he can attack when necessary, and he's also saved many matches for the Windies with his "selfish" batting.

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyanash89 View Post
    Completely agree with you about CWB304. Firstly, he's not in Coronis' class anyway. His rudeness and personal attack rate are superior by non
    negligible amounts, and he has proved on many occasions in his career that he only knows how to post how he wants regardless of thread dynamics and the needs of the forum. You need to understand CWB304's disgracefully self-centred approach in what is quintessentially a community. There are many good reasons why CWB304 is not considered a great poster even by the CWers, who have had enough great posters to know one when they see one.

Ftr, I think CWB304 is a quality poster but I just couldn't resist
    I think its too early in CWB304's career to reach a definitive conclusion on his greatness. He's only had just under 350 posts. Wait til he reaches 1000 or 2000 before we can rate him an ATG poster.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    I think its too early in CWB304's career to reach a definitive conclusion on his greatness. He's only had just under 350 posts. Wait til he reaches 1000 or 2000 before we can rate him an ATG poster.
    If multis of precam can be voted as ATG without having made more than a few dozen posts then CWB surely stands in the race

Voted for KP, he is class above. Never enjoyed Sangakkara's batting. Sanga vs Chanderpaul will be better fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post

Anyways mate, sorry if I misinterpreted you, but when people start on about being a selfish batsman (i.e making slow runs, having a low strikerate etc.) my mind just goes straight to thinking that basically, batsmen people consider selfish are the ones who aren't taking unnecessary risks and losing their wicket cheaply all the time. Chanders has proved that he can attack when necessary, and he's also saved many matches for the Windies with his "selfish" batting.
    No he didn't. Being not out at the end doesn't automatically mean he saved the test.

why do people think SL is full of flat tracks - usually they turn a mile by day three or they are soft green tops due to monsoonal conditions...

not scoring runs in some conditions doesn't make you a worse player than someone who scores everywhere - you have to be damned good in your own conditions to wind up with an average pushing 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    why do people think SL is full of flat tracks - usually they turn a mile by day three or they are soft green tops due to monsoonal conditions...

not scoring runs in some conditions doesn't make you a worse player than someone who scores everywhere - you have to be damned good in your own conditions to wind up with an average pushing 60.
    Sinhalese Sports Club | Sri Lanka | Cricket Grounds | ESPN Cricinfo

(no idea why that's listed under "Australia" mind)

SL pitches do get a rough deal I agree, but when their most popular ground is quite probably the flattest deck in the world, not hard to see why people have that impression.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

OOH, Sanga has scored some more runs against Banga, count it against him, quick......
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    OOH, Sanga has scored some more runs against Banga, count it against him, quick......
    Considering Sangakkara has comfortably scored more runs than anyone in test matches against Bangladesh, it is something relevant to bring it up in these sorts of battles. It should mostly be nullified when you look at his record against every other team, where England is really the only team he's had performances equal to or just below an ok level. Even there he averages 35. Throw in the fact he was a keeper for a decent length of time, and he takes this battle quite comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    Considering Sangakkara has comfortably scored more runs than anyone in test matches against Bangladesh, it is something relevant to bring it up in these sorts of battles. It should mostly be nullified when you look at his record against every other team, where England is really the only team he's had performances equal to or just below an ok level. Even there he averages 35. Throw in the fact he was a keeper for a decent length of time, and he takes this battle quite comfortably.
    The fact is this thread seems to have been created on the back of his 100s against Bzangas, someone laughably comparing KPs last three 100s with Sankas. So there's no doubt people are using his run-scoring to actually denigrate him.

Which is just so ****ing weird, IMHO.

I've also gone past annoyance and am flirting with amusement about this thread, surely not since the iliad of woes that was Dicko, has such a one-sided argument, gone on so long.
    Last edited by grecian; 23-03-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    Nah! He is averaging less than 40 in four countries, that is below par for a top batsman. He may be better than KP but it is very close than what many people are making it sound.

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L Trumper View Post
    Nah! He is averaging less than 40 in four countries, that is below par for a top batsman. He may be better than KP but it is very close than what many people are making it sound.
    this. thank you
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Sinhalese Sports Club | Sri Lanka | Cricket Grounds | ESPN Cricinfo

(no idea why that's listed under "Australia" mind)

SL pitches do get a rough deal I agree, but when their most popular ground is quite probably the flattest deck in the world, not hard to see why people have that impression.
    Yes, the SSC was always going to undermine my argument, dead flat for every game they play there.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    I do find it funny though. People say Sanga getting runs in SL is boosting on flat tracks, but then nothing of such is said for all of the batsman in the current New Zealand v England series. I'd also like to know why a side like England go to Sri Lanka and so regularly bat like headless chickens if the pitches are such roads too.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread Information