Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 66

Thread: Obscure non-cricket reasons resulting in players not able to play the match

  1. #46
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Anyone mentioned Kapil Missing 1984 Eden Test Match Vs. England. Ironically the great man only one test in his entire career. Azhar replaced him in that match and scored a century.

  2. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Pune, India
    Posts
    807
    Denis Bergkamp missed loads of matches for Arsenal because of his fear of flying. Don't think anything similar has happened in a cricket match.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    runako morton died
    I seriously lold

  3. #48
    International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    14,386
    Doug Bracewell missing two tests due to over-zealous tidying of his own house.

    Young-uns these days. If they're not tidying one thing up, it's another.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.


    Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

  4. #49
    Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stopping the AFL spreading to NZ
    Posts
    9,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Trevor Franklin was hit by a motorised luggage trolley at Heathrow during the 1986 tour of England, breaking both legs and ruling him out of much if not all of the tour.
    And legend has it he was a moderate scoring batsman before the injury and a slow poke afterwards.

    I saw him have a net once against some club cricketers who fancied themselves before a match started. It was carnage. He drove anything his side of halfway with great authority they couldn't bowl to him. And then he went out into the middle and went into his shell scoring 15 runs off 60 deliveries in a list A game. His team mates wouldn't sit next to him on the team bench afterwards as he had dug them a massive hole. A guy called Steve Brown went out to bat in the number 7 spot and blasted a century to make up for lost time and Auckland finished on 220 odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.


  5. #50
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    All Over
    Posts
    15,083
    Harold Larwood missed the rest of his career because he refused to say sorry.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

    West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

    Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

    Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

  6. #51
    International Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dunno. I say Marco you say Polo.
    Posts
    2,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Harold Larwood missed the rest of his career because he refused to say sorry.

  7. #52
    State 12th Man Immenso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    717
    Jesse Ryder missed the test series v England in 08 because he was really busting to go the toilet.

  8. #53
    State Captain Chubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,866
    Graeme Welch pulled a muscle singing along to a song in his car with his infant son.
    ZIMBABWE
    Somebody has to...

  9. #54
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,365
    Praveen Kumar missing any cricket lately should count.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

    Twenty20 used to be boring.

    Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

  10. #55
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    23,854
    Didn't Brad Hogg miss (or almost miss) a game because of a finger infection caused when cutting his nails?
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

  11. #56
    School Boy/Girl Captain VCC44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Another football one - Marco Negri missed 4 months of the 97/98 season after getting hit in the eye with a squash ball. Although that was rumoured to be bollocks and what really happened is that he'd been caught ****ing Sergio Porrinni's wife and gotten a good punching for it.
    Marco Negri, unstoppable for half a season then that happened.

  12. #57
    State Regular CricAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    924

  13. #58
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,639
    Those cheeky ****s.

  14. #59
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,687
    Yes, because clearly this sort of thing wasn't a hot and obvious topic for them to use in that weekly column.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  15. #60
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,639
    They've done this sort of thing before tbf.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Test Cricket Draft
    By LFD in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 17-12-2012, 05:30 PM
  2. The CW50 - No.30-21
    By The Sean in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 03:54 AM
  3. The unhealthy obsession with the Ashes
    By Fidel Castro in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 16-04-2009, 08:31 PM
  4. Replies: 1876
    Last Post: 23-09-2005, 04:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •