• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What has been the single biggest contributing factor to Australia's demise?

Single biggest contributing factor to Australia's demise?

• Total voters

Гурин

School Boy/Girl Captain
****, I wrote a log tirade about the new aussie batsmen being too much worse than even the average old timer, and nobody expected an uninterrupted flux of chappells, waughs and pontings but these guys are really so bad bla bla bla etc etc, but the forum is laggy tonight and it got lost when I clicked 'Submit Reply'.

I'm not in the mood and too lazy to wrote it all again, so I'll just focus on the main point: beware of changings in the lower levels (the kid levels) in the last decade, in both coaching or organizing, the root of the problem might be there. I find it difficult to believe that the reason's just a poor harvest when all of the new batsmen have difficulties in keeping their averages above 30.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Man.. this is just an overreaction. I think the Aussie side is fine.. They will suck a lot less overseas than this current Indian line up.

And blaming Clarke was just so funny that it doesn't even deserve a response..

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Let me ask you Aussie fans one thing. How is it most of the new young test batsmen are rally taking it upon themselves to be a steady supply of runs for the team. Not talking about replicating Ponting or Hayden but just being good for a 40 average, and the odd ton every 5 or 6 innings at test level.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Let me ask you Aussie fans one thing. How is it most of the new young test batsmen are rally taking it upon themselves to be a steady supply of runs for the team. Not talking about replicating Ponting or Hayden but just being good for a 40 average, and the odd ton every 5 or 6 innings at test level.
That isn't too much to ask given Ponting averaged a ton every 7 innings

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Michael Clarke's non cricketing contributions to Australian cricket:

1. Making sure Andrew Symonds felt rejected and kicked out of the Aus team for ever and therefore losing a middle order batsmen who was just coming good in tests, could destroy attacks and one of australias best players of spin. Also a handy medium pacer/off break bowler. Also one of the best fielders ever after Jonty.

2. Kicking Simon Katich out of the team- a top order batsmen who averaged 46 and provided stability to Australia at the top of the order

3. Encouraging and therefore accelerating Ricky ponting's decision to step down from test cricket (when there is clearly no worthy replacement to him in Australia atm)

4. Kicking out 4 players simultatneously from the test squad- including his best bowler on tour

conclusion: great player, poor strategist whose poor man management decisions have robbed australia of transitional stability at the top and middle order of their batting line up
Hi Usman,

Look, I know the past few weeks have been difficult for you. However, I would suggest you spend the time you have at the moment improving your game and attitude rather than trolling internet forums casting blame on Clarkey. That's not going to get anyone anywhere is it?

Yours sincerely,

Joe Average (29.22)

dhillon28

U19 Debutant
Hi Usman,

Look, I know the past few weeks have been difficult for you. However, I would suggest you spend the time you have at the moment improving your game and attitude rather than trolling internet forums casting blame on Clarkey. That's not going to get anyone anywhere is it?

Yours sincerely,

Joe Average (29.22)
I'll bear that in mind.

U.K.

dhillon28

U19 Debutant
when symonds was dumped, M Clarke delivered the press conference and stated that he was part of the decision group.
when these four were recently dumped, Clarke was captain and delivered the press conference.
After Simon Katich's bust up with Clarke (which coincided with his promotion to captain), Katich was mysterioulsy ousted from the test side for ever, despite Aus having no worthy replacements
Switch hit cricekt show on cricinfo, said sources within the Aus camp rumoured that clarke wanted to assert his authority and felt cramped with Punter's presence in the team.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Michael Clarke's Leadership is biggest factor for Australia's demise. I am surprised at how much free pass he gets from the fans.
Agreed. He has been a major disappointmet. Heck who declares on the first day of a test match in India?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah, because a declaration when they were 9 down with 2 bowlers in was the reason Australia got hammered by an innings.