Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warne shouldn't be seen or heard

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!

Warne shouldn't be seen or heard

Warne shouldn't be seen or heard

I wholeheartedly agree with this article. He has been suspended from cricket and this should include commentary. I think he is too dumb to understand what his suspension means, like he was too dumb to understand what is a banned drug and what is a legal drug. He is treating his suspension like a holiday rather than a suspension. Pictures of him bowling in the indoor nets with Jenner and Healy just shows how much this man does not understand what he is doing. If an Olympic swimmer is banned the only place they are allowed to swim is in their backyard pool, not in a public pool with former Olympic swimmers helping them train.

I say 'When you're banned - you're banned'.

Australian's want to ban any drug cheat as long as it is not one of their own sporting heros.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

I agree that it is stupid to show it on TV but how can you stop a private citizen hiring some nets and bowling with his mates which is effectively what Warne is doing. Just because his mates are former test cricketers doesn't change the fact. If he had been banned for life, would you still feel the same?
    Only two states to be in - Queensland and drunk.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Perhaps I am being a little critical here, I am more upset with the fact he is commentating and a guy I respect like 'Heals' is helping him out. But I still think it was very wrong to show it on t.v.

Originally posted by Mister Wright
    Perhaps I am being a little critical here, I am more upset with the fact he is commentating and a guy I respect like 'Heals' is helping him out. But I still think it was very wrong to show it on t.v.
    I agree. It should not have been stuck in the faces of everyone, including Stuart MacGIll. Although I can see that a lot of people would be interested in seeing his progress back to cricket.

Heals and Warnie are great mates and mates help each other out.

International Vice-Captain Linda's Avatar
    You know the other week I heard him say "Yeah, I did the wrong thing, and Im paying for it."

I was a bit :O, at Warnie showing maturity. It was good of him though

"I know I underperformed but after the past 18 months I thought I might have received more than four Test matches' grace."
    - DR Martyn.

"Is there any way to make it longer?"
    Peter English on Twenty20

Official Face of the v. hip 'Twenty20 Is Boring Society'

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    there are alot of people inetersed in warnes progress - which was why it was shown on TV. nothing wrong with that
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Yeah i must admit Warne's commentry drives me up the wall and back. It so annoying and having listening to his biased waffle.

If a player cant understand all the long latin names then if they go to the doctor take it with them and let them read it or even look on the side of the box with what it contains and with it says on the list of what it contains.

But Warne doesnt have the intellengce to do it.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

International Vice-Captain
    Originally posted by Craig
    Yeah i must admit Warne's commentry drives me up the wall and back. It so annoying and having listening to his biased waffle.

If a player cant understand all the long latin names then if they go to the doctor take it with them and let them read it or even look on the side of the box with what it contains and with it says on the list of what it contains.

But Warne doesnt have the intellengce to do it.
    I agree with the point in that warne should not be commentating anyway, but i actually thought warnies commentating was good aside from that.

i agree that warne shouldnt be commentating , but as for bowling he can hire nets and bowl with his mates, the fact that they showed it on tv was just a media ploy.

i think he has suffered enough missing the world cup and 12 months worth of cricket

i bet if he comes back and takes 10 wickets in his first test everyone will be saying we luv ya warne.
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    I really cannot see what much of the fuss is about.

Commentating isn't cricket (although many commentators think that it is), Warney's done television work before and I think that he does it quite well.

Regarding the 'bowling in the nets' thing, there is no way that is covered by any suspension, although the story writer does make a good point when he compares the situation to horse-racing.

Still, the terms of the suspension should have been stipulated up front.

It always amuses me when tired old hacks (like Ray Chesterton) get up on their high horse and pontificate on moral issues.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Pinball Champion!
    I certainly couldnt have imagined Hansie taking up the commentators mike after he was banned...

I dont think Warnie should be earning money from cricket, definitely not. I would keep a low profile if i were him...

He should just let the ball do the talking when he comes back...
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Originally posted by Langeveldt
    I certainly couldnt have imagined Hansie taking up the commentators mike after he was banned...

I dont think Warnie should be earning money from cricket, definitely not. I would keep a low profile if i were him...

He should just let the ball do the talking when he comes back...
    There's a slight difference regarding the severity of the actual offence. I'll grant you that Warne tends to find controversy in the most unusual places and that he was walking a tightrope, though.

I would certainly agree with the sentiments of your second and third points, though. Head down, crawl back under his stone and try to come back a better person - and bowler.

U19 Debutant
    I agree with Eddie. Commentating is not cricket - the guy cannot play any form of competitive cricket, I don't see what either his commentating or rolling his arm over in the nets has to do with anything.

I don't mind his commentary - it is certainly uniquely Aussie.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by Langeveldt
    I doubt any broadcaster would've offered him a job.

Quick way to have the ICC refuse to negotiate with them ever again!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    Warne is a drug cheat, plain and simple.
    Don't give me this rubbish about how minor the offence was -- all cricketers contracted with CA are well aware of the drugs policy in place.
    Warne should have known better.

He has already brought immense disrepute to Australian cricket (through his various activities) ---commentating now only adds to that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information