• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Potential International Trades

DriveClub

International Regular
I'd like Yasir Shah, a good leggie in Aussie pitches would be great, can trade for Hughesy as they need an opener but hes no good against spin. Think he needs to tan himself and will be playing spin better

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Morkel is top class and will be hugely missed. I don't think I'd trade him for anyone in the Indian team if I was from SA.

morgieb

Doug Bracewell for Murali Vijay.
India would be foolish to take that IMO. Their opening stocks aren't too flash, unless Rahul turns out to be solid.

EDIT: Plus I'm not convinced Bracewell's clearly better than their other fast bowling stocks anyway.

Last edited:

morgieb

South Africa won't take this I assume. Not sure if Rohit can bat that well on SA pitches.
Plus where does Rohit fit in their batting lineup? He isn't better than Amla, de Villiers or du Plessis, and he probably isn't better than Duminy given he'll be playing in South Africa.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lanka really needs young batsmen now though, and with the rise of a few youngish quicks we'd definitely not go for that

Daemon

If the trade counts for all formats I'd say they'd want Kohli right now. Could win them a world cup
Yeah for ODIs why not. Still, Morkel's one of the best in that format as well and their backups haven't been great.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Michael Hogan for Craig Kieswetter.

Hogan way down the pile of Aus ODI (and test) bowlers. Didn't even play for WA this year in lo. Never getting selected for them. Would probably make England's WC squad.

Kieswetter is average but he offers an alternative for Haddin for the WC if they want. Plus England have wicketkeepers who will probably overtake Kieswetter in a year or two.

Neither team loses anything really from letting Kieswetter or Hogan go.