• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Potential International Trades

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey we don't want him either, but you're welcome to enjoy Wade as your back up backstop.
Nevill FTW.

Still, there have been other keepers who started out rubbish and came good....he might be useful some time in the future.

morgieb

Shakib al Hassan for James Pattinson
Subramaniam Badrinath for Mitchell Johnson
Manoj Tiwary for Kemar Roach
Third trade seems dumb. I doubt the Windies would give away their leading fast bowler who has the potential to average ~25 for a batsman who's never played Test cricket. Better trade would be Manoj Tiwary for Fidel Edwards, as Castro could be an upgrade on their existing seamers and Tiwary won't regularly play for India most likely.

Yes please for Trade #2. Even Indian fans would take it, as Badrinath won't play anyway and Johnson has to be better than people like Sharma.

Not sure on the first trade. With that said, Shakib's no worse than most of our batsman, and when you add in his bowling will help our balance quite a lot. So I would probably take it.

morgieb

Some other possible trades:

Morne Morkel for Saeed Ajmal

This sounds controversial, but Pakistan have a good alternative spinner (Rehman), South Africa have a load of options for the third bowler (Kleinveldt, de Lange, Abbott, Morris, etc.) and Morkel would fit Pakistan quite well, as a bowler (IMO) not particularly reliant on conditions. As good as South Africa are, they probably need a better spinner than Peterson, and this gives them one. Philander could work too, but I have doubts about his effectiveness on flatter wickets, those which aren't good for fast bowlers.

Alternatively, Rory Kleinveldt for Pragyan Ojha. Ojha isn't making the India squad, but would be very helpful for a side without a high-quality spinner. Kleinveldt is probably an upgrade on their crap seamers, and is less raw than their good ones. South Africa are probably better off having youngsters for their reserve quicks.

Luke Ronchi for Haris Sohail

Sohail has seemingly an excellent FC average, but is behind several other bowlers in the pecking order. This trade gives New Zealand a potentially excellent bat, and a probable upgrade on some of their current ones, and Pakistan get a wicket-keeper which probably knows how to hold a cricket bat the right way.

More to come when I can think of them.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lanka is much more desperate for seamers than India, but have less batsmen to throw away, perhaps Prassanna Jayawardene could be swapped for a fast bowler from Australia, similar to the last one I posted.

Flem274*

123/5
this is our chance to get lyon on the cheap. the aussie selectors hate him anyway.

ronchi is a boof style player and haddin is injured. wanna swap and have the big show as your spinner? throw in that beta male ginger rogers and we'll give you a number three.

that number three is roneel hira ftr. comes with a free devcich.

morgieb

this is our chance to get lyon on the cheap. the aussie selectors hate him anyway.

ronchi is a boof style player and haddin is injured. wanna swap and have the big show as your spinner? throw in that beta male ginger rogers and we'll give you a number three.

that number three is roneel hira ftr. comes with a free devcich.
Well we know that The Big Show and Ronchi have the required intent. Should be good.

morgieb

More seriously, I'd give up a limb to get a solid 3. NFI who a good one would be, though. Will give up any of our quicks who aren't Harris or Johnson.

cnerd123

likes this
Would trade Ryder for Shakib. He'd probably be Bangladesh's best seamer.
Shakib is BD's best spinner tho.

Ryder for Mahmadullah?

Also - Badrinath, Baba Aparajith and Jalaj Saxena for Sayers + Bird + Hastings. Australia will get a couple of number 3s and some better spinners, India gets 2 good quicks and better pace bowling allrounder than Binny/Pathan.