• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Potential International Trades

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pujara/Kohli for Pattinson.

Would any fans from either team take this? Curious.

Think I would. Patto is going to be amazing, and Kohli living in Australia would allow more stalk time. Win/win.
Would have thought they would want at least two decent batsmen or another bowler for Pattinson.

Think they would swap him for, say Panesar and Trott? Possibly not worth it for England though.
I feel the trade favours India but I'd do it anyway...

Pothas, I feel that trade is actually worse given their ages (!)
If there was a draft, this'd be tempting to both countries I reckon.

Would be funny to see Patto walk straight in to India's ATG team though.

Kapil
Srinath
Patto
I honestly think they would seriously consider it now. Yes Patto is going to be a deadset gun, but you have to give something to get something. And they could really use one of Pujara or Kohli right now.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Well your main need is a decent #6 IMO. Or #2.

Yes it's not like the batting lineup's inexperienced in general, but there are some gaps and you should get someone that's not that young due to the presence of Taylor, Bairstow and Root.
The rest of the batting lineup is filled with vastly experienced Test players. KP and Cook should pass 100 Tests during this double header and Bell won't be far behind. Off the top of my head Trott's played 47 Tests, Prior around 70. Root and Bairstow are surrounded by experienced batsmen, so I'm not sure who the **** we're supposed to be trading for.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Biggest boost to England would be a consistent second/third seamer or a no.6 better than Bairstow.

flibbertyjibber

Biggest boost to England would be a consistent second/third seamer or a no.6 better than Bairstow.
A 3rd seamer staying fit/in form for more than one series has been a problem for a long time. Bairstow is doing ok this summer, needs a big score now though.

Lets be honest, only the real great sides end up with a brilliant top 6 or a fantastic bowling attack at the same time and this England side isn't one of them so the odd flaw is acceptable.

Last edited:

morgieb

Far from convinced Ronchi would play for us.

We can ask more for Watson, he's still a gun limited overs all-rounder.

Flem274*

123/5
Well when Haddin and Watling are better players than you then your chances in either country look limited.

I'd say he's the number two over here and I guess over there it would depend on how much they hate Wade's catching. Wade is the better batsman but a worse gloveman. Don't know enough about your other keepers to comment.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pujara/Kohli for Pattinson.

Would any fans from either team take this? Curious.

Think I would. Patto is going to be amazing, and Kohli living in Australia would allow more stalk time. Win/win.
Would have thought they would want at least two decent batsmen or another bowler for Pattinson.

Think they would swap him for, say Panesar and Trott? Possibly not worth it for England though.
I feel the trade favours India but I'd do it anyway...

Pothas, I feel that trade is actually worse given their ages (!)
If there was a draft, this'd be tempting to both countries I reckon.

Would be funny to see Patto walk straight in to India's ATG team though.

Kapil
Srinath
Patto
I honestly think they would seriously consider it now. Yes Patto is going to be a deadset gun, but you have to give something to get something. And they could really use one of Pujara or Kohli right now.
Patto suffering another injury really shakes this up.

Daemon

Pretty cute how Flem thinks NZ suck because they make selection errors, rather than just having **** players

Flem274*

123/5
Daemon just jelly Southee-Boult-Bracewell would be India's best pace attack ever on the field at the same time.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I wish I could be as confident as Flem about the standard of our un-Test-ed domestic bowlers.
Unfortunately, I remember what Wagner looked like after being talked up so much. To be fair to him, it might have been nerves as he has improved and can occasinally bowl without a scramble seam every once in a while now...but still.

That said, if Milne is actually accurate these days, get him in the team ASAP.

morgieb

Wagner couldn't even make his state side in South Africa. That shows how bad he/New Zealand is.