• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Potential International Trades

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Would New Zealand fans trade both Southee and Boult for Cook?
Wouldn't even take it as an NZer - what's the point in trading our only strength in order to try to shore up a weakness? Even with Cook we still wouldn't bat teams out of matches, but we'd lose the ability to bowl teams out. We'd just lose less badly (on paper).

And we'd be relying on another 2 or 3 injury prone young fast bowlers coming through and being as good as Southee and Boult, which is by no means guaranteed.

NZ could use a reasonable (not asking for Ajmal here) subcontinent spinner to support our fast bowlers. Can offer a wicketkeeper-batsman in Ronchi. Pakistan?

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Would England fans take George Dockrell for Eoin Morgan back?

Could be academic as Dockrell will probably move anyway though...

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Doherty and Maxwell up for free.

Who wants Hughes or Cowan? (actually reckon some sides will go for it with the right price)

theegyptian

Would England fans take George Dockrell for Eoin Morgan back?

Could be academic as Dockrell will probably move anyway though...
yes if England want Dockrell i doubt he is going to say no. And there is no way you'd make that trade now anyway. Dockrell whilst promising is behind a few in the county game, Morgan on the other hand is a key player in ODI and T20.

The good thing about Dockrell is he will probably have had the experience of 2 or 3 world cups when england finally pick him.

NasserFan207

yes if England want Dockrell i doubt he is going to say no. And there is no way you'd make that trade now anyway. Dockrell whilst promising is behind a few in the county game, Morgan on the other hand is a key player in ODI and T20.

The good thing about Dockrell is he will probably have had the experience of 2 or 3 world cups when england finally pick him.
Yes, very true.

If Morgs can't get into the test setup I'd want him to come back to Ireland. Would be epic having him lead the side in a WC and do wonders for the game back home.

Then we'd swap him for Shakib, keeping in spirit with this thread :p

Also noone wants Hughes

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would Pujara for Siddle/Patto be something either side would go for?
Reckon there'd be some potential deals between SL and Aus for Chandimal/PJ.
Who would Aussie fans offer up for Shakib?

morgieb

Would Pujara for Siddle/Patto be something either side would go for?
Reckon there'd be some potential deals between SL and Aus for Chandimal/PJ.
Who would Aussie fans offer up for Shakib?
1. As an Aussie, I think I would. India probably get the upper hand if it's Patto but we have plenty of good bowlers, and Pujara would replace Aylight as our second best batsman.
2. Dunno. I don't think I'd trade for PJ but I'd defs try to get Chandigun.
3. No idea, depends on who the Bangladeshis want except for Clarke. But it's nothing something I'd try really hard to get.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I dont expect anyone to agree with me but if I were both England and Australia then I would do Watson for Panesar.

morgieb

What each side needs:

South Africa: No-one really, maybe a quality spinner if one is available. RP's gone OK but they possibly can do better.
India: Another seamer. Particularly one that's experienced as while BK and Yadav have potential they still aren't really quality test bowlers right now.
England: Some experienced middle-order support, to help with the progress of Root and Bairstow. All-rounder would work.
Australia: Batsmen, batsmen, batsmen. Easy side to trade with given they have like 10 international quality quicks.
Pakistan: Wicket-keeper, opener, experienced quick.
West Indies: Wicket-keeper, maybe more top-order support.
Sri Lanka: Seam bowlers! Maybe some top-order support too.
New Zealand: See Australia, except they don't have as many ready made international standard bowlers.
Zimbabwe: Batsmen of any degree.
Bangladesh: Top-order batsmen, seam bowlers.

Anything I've ignored? Anything you disagree with?

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What each side needs:

South Africa: No-one really, maybe a quality spinner if one is available. RP's gone OK but they possibly can do better.
India: Another seamer. Particularly one that's experienced as while BK and Yadav have potential they still aren't really quality test bowlers right now.
England: Some experienced middle-order support, to help with the progress of Root and Bairstow. All-rounder would work.
Australia: Batsmen, batsmen, batsmen. Easy side to trade with given they have like 10 international quality quicks.
Pakistan: Wicket-keeper, opener, experienced quick.
West Indies: Wicket-keeper, maybe more top-order support.
Sri Lanka: Seam bowlers! Maybe some top-order support too.
New Zealand: See Australia, except they don't have as many ready made international standard bowlers.
Zimbabwe: Batsmen of any degree.
Bangladesh: Top-order batsmen, seam bowlers.

Anything I've ignored? Anything you disagree with?
Trott-KP-Bell not experienced enough?

morgieb

Trott-KP-Bell not experienced enough?
Well your main need is a decent #6 IMO. Or #2.

Yes it's not like the batting lineup's inexperienced in general, but there are some gaps and you should get someone that's not that young due to the presence of Taylor, Bairstow and Root.

Daemon

Would Australians want Ojha? Some decent shield quick not in serious contention for a first XI selection would do just fine.

Daemon

Already 30 but I'd take that. Wouldn't mind Bollinger either, though I'm not too sure how good both their recent forms have been.