• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Potential International Trades

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I hear Australia are short of all-rounders - we have an excellent deal on this week only. Two cricketers* for the price of one!

Now comes with a Nathan McCullum sidekick FREE.

Will accept any you offered except Paine.

*fine print

Flem274*

123/5
Happy to offer up Franklin in Straw Mans absence.

Every team needs a norounder. You know you can't resist him.

ganeshran

International Debutant
How about Monty for Steven Smith?

Australia desperately needs good spinners in the test side and England would find smith useful in the LOI side

ganeshran

International Debutant
Explain where Smith would fit into England's LOI side then?
In place of Samit Patel. Very good fielder and not bad with the bat. His bowling is better than Patel.

It can be someone other than Smith too. But Monty would feature in Australia's Test team regularly while he doesnt get a lot of chances in the England side because of Swann

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
you know, england wants an all-rounder, and kinda has an opening spot free......

ganeshran

International Debutant
In his heyday, Stuart Mac Gill could be traded with any other team for an empty spot in the Australian team. tbf though - there were hardly any gaps in the Australian squad of that time.

Maybe he could be traded with a finger spinner who would be useful when touring Asia.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There were so many other Australians one the fringes of selection who'd have walked into most teams in the world at that time too.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How about Monty for Steven Smith?

Australia desperately needs good spinners in the test side and England would find smith useful in the LOI side
It really depends on whether you have a short or long term perspective as I cant imagine Monty being much use to Australia outside of the subcontinent

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
This reminds me of the cricket trading game Hurricane run. We should do it again IMO.
Count me in, and I am Pakistan.

My starting 15 man squad:

Nasir Jamshed
Azhar Ali
Fawad Alam
Younis Khan
Misbah ul Haq (c)
Asad Shafiq
Adnan Akmal (wk)
Saeed Ajmal
Umar Gul
Junaid Khan
Wahab Riaz

Umar Akmal
Mohammad Hafeez
Mohammad Irfan
Harris Sohail

First come first served. Pick a team with a 15 man squad and each person will have upto 5 swaps to improve their squad.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
We need batsmen more IMO. Give us Rahane.
I would possibly take that. We aren't playing Rahane anyway, and whilst he probably has plenty of years ahead compared to Mitch Johnson, who is a 30+ year old sook, India could really use him.

Interesting trade nevertheless.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Possibly.. But I feel Ojha Vs MJ was a very balanced trade given that they are both bowlers who can't make their sides first XI even though their sides basically suck atm.. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That is also a balanced trade. Problem is Ojha may not be effective in Australia, Eng and SA I guess. But if it were a "loan", my God would Australia jump at that trade.