• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Potential International Trades

Teja.

Global Moderator
We'd probably **** up Southee too tho.
Southee will be extremely hard to **** up, tbf. He is a diverse, intelligent bowler with a complete bowling style which he has worked to arrive wt for over half a decade experience in test cricket despite being incredibly young.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, Wagner for Karn Sharma/Amit Mishra.
The Indian selectors don't rate Ojha at all and the NZ selectors drop Wagner at the slightest hint of a spinning deck. Swap?
I think it's a very fair trade.

Most valuable OD player in the world to play two WCs in 4 years plus solving the problem of having a test match lower middle order consisting of Neesherson and an opener who knows where his off stump is for NZ.

Having a mid-20s (last few years) averaging pacer for India who the way he's going will take the new ball for our AT attack, the best year in our history, 2010, was largely made possible by having Zaheer take about 50 wickets @ 21-23.

Everybody wins.

Both players are icons for their nations though.
Nah, middle order batting isn't our problem. Neesham isn't a problem either. One **** tour doesn't make him ****.

Kohli is obvz a quality player but no way are we giving away our best quick to beef up an already respectable middle order.

Flem274*

123/5
Neil Wagner, Doug Bracewell or Matt Henry for a solid enough opener anyone? Prefferably an opener from a country where pace bowling is a thing unless you're daft enough to offer up Tamim or the Indian pair.

Failing that someone give me Boof's number and I'll swap him Devcich for Lyon.

Flem274*

123/5
Nope. None of those blokes is going to do well in New Zealand where we will play half our games. Viru never has, Gambhir is past it and when Mukund toured England it was a train wreck. I wouldn't trade Wagner for those guys.

cnerd123

likes this
In tests, I'd take Southee immediately. Fast bowlers win tests. He'd be seen off in ODIs, yeah. In tests, if he's bowling in our attack, he'd improve everyone around him. Ishant is genuinely pretty ok now and could benefit greatly by having a quality quick at the other end.

In ODIs, Kohli obviously more valuable.
The idea of Ishant + Southee sounds nice, but Kohli is the heart and soul of the side. Without him and India is short of a talisman, a sort of inspirational figure that can lift the side. That aura about him makes him very valuable to India. Pretty much irreplaceable.

Rather trade out Pujara or Rahane for Southee tbh.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
India aren't trading Kohil for anyone basically. One bowler isn't fixing their bowling problems outside Asia. Plus they don't really care about test cricket. Plus bowlers breakdown. Plus Kohli is ****ing great.

Justo

U19 Debutant
For Australia I'd probably try Pattinson for Pujara. Reasonably established players but unfortunately Patto has been held back due to injuries. Could add an extra bowler like Hilfenhaus or similar to try sweeten the deal.

Otherwise one of Bird/Cummins for one of Rohit Sharma/James Taylor. Players who haven't really established themselves at Test level but should be the goods. They're also potentially excess to their countries needs (Australia's fast bowling depth, India have the new big 3, England have Ballance, Bell, Root in the middle order) and so would be reasonable trades.

I would potentially look at trading a fast bowler for a spin bowler but I doubt any spinners (barring Herath) would actually do that well in Australia (where they'd play most of their games) compared to Lyon.

All of this is based around Test Cricket and not including limited over performances.

Flem274*

123/5
Jordan Silk + Michael Klinger for Mitchell Santner + Dean Brownlie?
I'd be pretty tempted by this, only thing I'd want to look at changing is maybe swap Klinger for a player who has a different role.

NZ should trade out one of Anderson and Neesham for someone. India and Pakistan might want to look at a pace bowling allrounder to help their balance.

Flem274*

123/5
Can we put Dan in charge of the Indian team for ten minutes? There's a trade I need to make.

Vijay for Tastle ftr

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Southee for Kohli + Mukund
I would take this, yeah.

Henry would be our poor man's Southee and we have Milne waiting in the wings too.

McCullum will retire next year and there's Kohli's spot. I think with some nurturing Mukund could be very good.

Latham
Mukund
Williamson
Taylor
Kohli
Anderson
Watling

That's a bloody strong batting lineup.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
India would be daft to take Bracewell for anyone. He has a terrible record on the subcontinent.

Julian87

State Captain
Reckon Bangladesh would trade just about anyone bar Shakib for any mediocre non international seam up all rounder.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would really want Warner but not sure what we can offer in return that Australia would actually go for.