• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India's 2014 tour of NZ gutted

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket: Indian TV riches could be lost to NZ in... | Stuff.co.nz

So not sure if people have already commented on this elsewhere, but I figured it probably deserves it's own thread. From 3 tests and 6 lo matches to 2 games in each format.

Over the last few years I've become kinda numb towards these sorts of things, but it still is a disappointment. But while the NZC is an incompetent organisation, in this case I'm really not sure that there's much that they can do. The BCCI does tend to get what it wants afterall.

Binkley

U19 Captain
Someone posted this in the NZ domestix thread and I commented there, but the ongoing gutting of the NZ cricket season has to be a major cause of concern. The cricket season now essentially consists of a tiny handful of games held in the rugby season. This is not the way to build the game here, it is the way to kill off a wounded game completely.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This just in; India don't care about touring New Zealand. Obviously losing a test is bad and a two-ODI series is completely pointless.

The irritating thing is that, even if we do get to the end of our current period of being generally uncompetitive, we'll probably still find it difficult to schedule full tours against most sides. We're just not a big drawcard - even South Africa struggle to schedule as many matches as India, Australia and England.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
6 LO matches was probably too much anyway.

would've liked to see 3 tests, 3 odis. don't care about t20

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Get one more test in for T20s FFS. Happy that they shortened the number of ODIs, tho.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
international cricket has a strong history of avoiding matches against NZ though

Furball

Evil Scotsman
This just in; India don't care about touring New Zealand. Obviously losing a test is bad and a two-ODI series is completely pointless.

The irritating thing is that, even if we do get to the end of our current period of being generally uncompetitive, we'll probably still find it difficult to schedule full tours against most sides. We're just not a big drawcard - even South Africa struggle to schedule as many matches as India, Australia and England.
New Zealand actually have more Tests under the FTP than South Africa.