• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Century/High Score

BC_fan_abored

School Boy/Girl Captain

Satyanash89

Banned
Worst ive seen is BY FAR Ajay Ratra's hundred.. was against WI iirc. Virtually every boundary he got hit the bat a mile away from the middle. Dont think ive ever seen anyone edging the ball so consistently.

Honorable mention to Gary Kirsten's double at Durban.... dead boring

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ian Botham was ridiculously fortunate during his 149 at Headingley in '81 - wonderful innings though

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wasn't a century but Pietersen's 80 v Pakistan in 2010 was as bad an innings by a top player I have seen.

The first 100 runs of the Strauss 177 at Napier on the last tour to NZ were pretty dire viewing too.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Wasn't exactly lucky but Eoin Morgan's hundred against India was probably the easiest Test hundred I've ever seen

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Wasn't a century but Pietersen's 80 v Pakistan in 2010 was as bad an innings by a top player I have seen.

The first 100 runs of the Strauss 177 at Napier on the last tour to NZ were pretty dire viewing too.
Was going to post the Pietersen one. Dreadful innings.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Wasn't exactly lucky but Eoin Morgan's hundred against India was probably the easiest Test hundred I've ever seen
Wasn't he dropped more than once during that innings, or was that another time during the series? I remember being hugely unimpressed with his that summer.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Gary Kirsten's 210 vs England in 1998 at Old Trafford. OUCH.

Would have to admit Mark Taylor's 129 ashes 1997 was awful to watch.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fat Gatt's ton in Adelaide on his last tour here was bad. Credit to the bloke, who was a decade past it, but the papers described it as "Mary Mackillop's second miracle".

Xuhaib

International Coach
what about bowlers.

Fin's 6fer in Australia was one lucky haul also Starc recently had a very lucky 5 fer vs SA.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Wasn't he dropped more than once during that innings, or was that another time during the series? I remember being hugely unimpressed with his that summer.
Getting dropped isn't really lucky as much as it's just the opposition being ****.

Spark

Global Moderator
Defs the KP one for mine, even though it wasn't a hundred.

Haha yeah remember making a comment like "Well, Test centuries are never strictly easy or without merit buuut...."

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah that Morgan century was ridiculous, had the easiest job ever that summer.

Alviro Petersen's 180 odd against England last summer was fairly horrid.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
the first 200 runs Ali Cook made in the Brisbane 2010 test. It was ugly stuff (especially the first innings 67) until he reached 130 in the second innings. important knock- ugly stuff

Howe_zat

Audio File
Andy Zaltzman on Gary Kirsten

Kirsten has haunted my every cricketing nightmare since I took a week’s holiday to go to the England v South Africa Old Trafford Test in 1998. Kirsten spent the first 11 accursed hours of this match grinding out 210 grindingly ground-out runs in a manner that rendered previously sane cricket watchers insensible with boredom. Even his team-mates and blood relatives must have been drinking fearsomely aggressive espresso coffees every half hour to endure the vigil. Not wishing to waste a moment of my precious holiday time, I dedicatedly sat through every single ball of that innings. I have suffered flashbacks ever since, the deep psychological scars have seriously affected my family relationships, and I have never quite been able to see the sunny side of life as I had before. I survived the ordeal, but have never truly been the same cricket fan again.