• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Century/High Score

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Defs the KP one for mine, even though it wasn't a hundred.

Haha yeah remember making a comment like "Well, Test centuries are never strictly easy or without merit buuut...."
"...what the hell were those field placings all about?"

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Sachin's 80 odd in the 2011 World cup was dotted with so many dropped catches..And I remember people here commenting at that time that it is one of the luckiest innings ever..

Satyanash89

Banned
Sachin's 80 odd in the 2011 World cup was dotted with so many dropped catches..And I remember people here commenting at that time that it is one of the luckiest innings ever..
innings of two halves really... made the first 30-40 runs beautifully. Then struggled for the remainder

Satyanash89

Banned
Worst ive seen is BY FAR Ajay Ratra's hundred.. was against WI iirc. Virtually every boundary he got hit the bat a mile away from the middle. Dont think ive ever seen anyone edging the ball so consistently
Just checked the scorecard for this match and saw that Chanderpaul made 136 in 510 balls!!! Good god that cant have been too exciting to watch

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Showing my age but Graeme Fowler's 106 vs WI in 1984

2nd Test: England v West Indies at Lord's, Jun 28-Jul 3, 1984 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Couple of great bowlers in the WI attack but I've seen many tailenders with a better technique
You won't find a bigger fan of Foxy than me but there's no denying he had an appalling technique - saw him facing Sylvers at the Oval once - he couldn't lay bat on ball but couldn't quite get out either - was embarassing to watch

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
seems mean to single out just one awful but successful petersen innings
Jee, he must be the luckiest batsman ever then hey? How come no one else has been so lucky and made a career of lucky centuries?

Or are we being a tad harsh?

the first 200 runs Ali Cook made in the Brisbane 2010 test. It was ugly stuff (especially the first innings 67) until he reached 130 in the second innings. important knock- ugly stuff
I doubt many would ever consider an Alastair Cook innings to be particularly aesthetically pleasing though. I personally thought his 100 against Pakistan a few months earlier was much worse. Most of the boundaries in that innings came from the outside edge.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I doubt many would ever consider an Alastair Cook innings to be particularly aesthetically pleasing though. I personally thought his 100 against Pakistan a few months earlier was much worse. Most of the boundaries in that innings came from the outside edge.
There's a difference between not aesthetically pleasing and ****ing dreadful like Pietersen's innings against Pakistan.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was at the Oval for that 100 Cook made against Pakistan and the first 50 was genuinely terrible.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Matty Hayden's ton v the Windies at Adelaide in 96/97 was memorably described by Gideon Haigh as having been scored "without using the middle of his bat once".
Oh god yes, that was one awful innings. I just thought of another one, Steve Waugh's 107* vs Pakistan in 1995, Gabba. Was dropped 5 times, all sitters, and virtually got nothing out of the middle. Horrid to watch, Wasim had him in all sorts, but several dropped catches told the story.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Matty Hayden's ton v the Windies at Adelaide in 96/97 was memorably described by Gideon Haigh as having been scored "without using the middle of his bat once".
Decent shout but he did middle one at least (and what a shot)

Same game but Bev's knock was the most painful I've ever watched. On an utter belter of a pitch, Bev managed to have a missed stumping off him, was bowled off a no-ball and while Blewwy was racing toward a ton at the other end against a dejected bowling attack, Bevan was crawling and struggling his way to 50. Blewwy got out with Bev in the 70's but Bev was going so poorly that even with Healy, Warne and Bichel to bat with him, still managed to get stranded well short of a ton on 85 off 263 balls.

Was a poor advertisement for Test cricket in general, that game. Hayden and Bev's knocks, 4(?) no-ball wickets and a couple of dropped chances on day 2, Patterson Thomson and Bev picking up 10 with the ball.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Decent shout but he did middle one at least (and what a shot)

Same game but Bev's knock was the most painful I've ever watched. On an utter belter of a pitch, Bev managed to have a missed stumping off him, was bowled off a no-ball and while Blewwy was racing toward a ton at the other end against a dejected bowling attack, Bevan was crawling and struggling his way to 50. Blewwy got out with Bev in the 70's but Bev was going so poorly that even with Healy, Warne and Bichel to bat with him, still managed to get stranded well short of a ton on 85 off 263 balls.

Was a poor advertisement for Test cricket in general, that game. Hayden and Bev's knocks, 4(?) no-ball wickets and a couple of dropped chances on day 2, Patterson Thomson and Bev picking up 10 with the ball.
Bevan seems to have had an awesome series there.. How did it all go pearshaped for him in tests after that?

I mean, that is one of the finest all-round performances in a test series one can hope to see...

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Trevor Franklin v England in 1990. If a cricket innings could be a headache, that was a ****ing migraine

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Was at the Oval for that 100 Cook made against Pakistan and the first 50 was genuinely terrible.
Haha, I came in here with that specific example in mind. Can't remember a more unconvincing first half of an innings. Don't remember the second half to be anything remarkable either, but the first was a real shocker. The amount of edges must have been in danger of reaching double figures.

The fact that the itself century was brought up off a absolutely dreadful overthrow sort of compounds it as well.

Last edited:

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
Despite Rahul Dravid being one of my all-time favourite players, his century against NZ in the first test in 2010 was horrible to watch.