• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka, 2013

Гурин

School Boy/Girl Captain
Rubel is hardly the best pacer from Bangladesh. A lot of their pacers are injured iirc.
(God my english is awful sometimes)

I'm no expert on the Tigers, so given that Rubel looks like a standard fixture in every test match they play I thought he was the best they got.

I'm genuinely interested, who do you rate as the three best fast(ish) bowlers in/from Bangladesh?

stumpski

International Captain
Match got away from Bangladesh in the last 8 overs of Sri Lanka's innings - up to that point they were heading for a total around 175/180 - but the visitors can take some heart from their reply, their biggest total batting 2nd in T20s.

Zim-Bang apart, that's the last international cricket until May isn't it? Sucks that the Windies had two home Tests this year, and those against Zimbabwe. IPL comes smack in the middle of their season though.

cricman

International 12th Man
We can take some Solace we did this without Tamim, Shakib and Mortaza. To our credit we kept fighting after that atrocious decision against Ashraful.

I guess their is an unoffical IPL window.

These pacers need a kick in they're ass and better straighten out before the 1st Test in Harare.

Would have like to seen us play in the champions trophy though. Series wins against WI, NZ, Asia Cup finalists. Even beat England a few times since the points were reset.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Гурин;3047266 said:
(God my english is awful sometimes)

I'm no expert on the Tigers, so given that Rubel looks like a standard fixture in every test match they play I thought he was the best they got.

I'm genuinely interested, who do you rate as the three best fast(ish) bowlers in/from Bangladesh?
Rubel is poor man's Johnson, except that he isn't even remotely as destructive when in form. I guess they play him since he's the paciest of them all, but he's done **** all at any level in domestic cricket. Shahadat Hossain at least does something in first class cricket, but again, awful T20 bowler.

I guess they're better of sticking with Nazmul Hossain, Shafiul Islam and Mortaza when fit. Mortaza clearly the best of the lot, obviously. Taskin Ahmed dude looked fine when I saw him the last time too. But it's just bizzare how they're obsessed with fast bowling while their strength is obviously spin.

Last edited: