• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka, 2013

sunilreddy

Banned
Vivek Bhandari: "And with that, Abul "Bradman" Hasan continues to raise the bar for the mortal batsmen with his batting average. He is a rare allrounder with a high batting average with an even higher bowling average." :laugh:

stumpski

International Captain
Should be straightforward. I see Nasir got a duck, Ashraful 4 and Mahmudullah 0. Obviously every batsman is vulnerable at the start of his innings but worthwhile contributions from those three would have pushed the target up to around 250, which no side likes to chase.

Yes 200 wickets for Herath and he would have been long odds to get there in this Test, considering he needed 12. He's really carried the attack in this match.

MrPrez

International Debutant
'Tis raining. Pity, the Bangers actually looked like they were on course for a wicket soon.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Board should start funding a good pace academy asap. Serious lack of implementation on this department is hurting our cricket badly

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Target is now reduced to 183 off 27 overs which means more 105 runs off 13.2 overs with 9 wickets remaining. Let's see what happens

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Target is now reduced to 183 off 27 overs which means more 105 runs off 13.2 overs with 9 wickets remaining. Let's see what happens
This game reminds me of SAF vs NZ game in WC 2003, SAF scored 310 in 50 overs and NZ had scored the D/L score with 9 wickets in hand with Fleming tonn-ing for NZ. Hope BAN does the same here.. Chance here for them to win this.. They got a good start

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, just saw it.

Not surprised at all really. We've seen it with Imran Farhat, Anirudh Srikkanth, Jaydev Shah and others in the past. The SC is full of rubbish like this.

Last edited:

Raghav

Jayasuriya , himself is a politician . no surprise if he has done with a political benifit ..

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year

Raghav

The forecast for tomorrow's game is n't that great! Rain is expected tomorrow and we might see this T20 being washed out by rain

Гурин

School Boy/Girl Captain
Board should start funding a good pace academy asap. Serious lack of implementation on this department is hurting our cricket badly
True. The thing is that the best pacemen from Bangladesh (Rubel) averages around 75, which I think even a few posters on these boards could achieve. All Bangladesh needs for now is to produce the equivalent of a honest county journeyman, which means somebody able to average around 38-40 in today's age, then I can see them becoming quite a decent contender in world cricket, expecially at home. So I wouldn't mind seeing a few dibbly-dobblers bowling tight spells of 20-10-40-1 at 120-125, instead of showponies able to bowl a bit of random inswing, outswing, reverse swing and cutters at 135-140ks but getting hammered because they have no control at all.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. Last time he was selected for England U19 games, the selectors took some slack from the public. But the guy responded with two match winning performances. So I'm not going to spout things so I don't have to eat my own words.
I'll never forget when Gheddafi's son played for Perugia, a minnow in Serie A, winning his only game 2-1 against a (top) team, Juventus, of which he owned 5%. He got even a contract for a full year for Udinese afterwards. An epic pay-to-play scenario.

Anyway be wary of reverse-nepotism, expecially if the player's only decent/average he usually ends up criticized a lot more than what he deserves (ex. Imran Farhat)

Last edited:

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Гурин;3046817 said:
True. The thing is that the best pacemen from Bangladesh (Rubel)
Rubel is hardly the best pacer from Bangladesh. A lot of their pacers are injured iirc.