Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka, 2013

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Slightly surprised that Mathews bothered to declare, but it's left the Bangers needing 268 in 35 overs. It would be fun to see Tamim come out and start blasting away, but without him I think they'll be happy to bat out time. A couple of quick wickets could make it interesting, and I'm sure they've been bowled out in less time before, but surely not in these conditions.

International Debutant M0rphin3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    It doesn't help that both sides have much better batting lineups than they do bowling attacks. I watched a bit of it and yeah it really is an absolute road, but if we had Australia v Pakistan play on it then we wouldn't be seeing scores quite as ridiculous.

I don't think it actually is the flattest pitch in history, is my point. It's just a run of the mill cricket-killing road.
    Yeah, never seen such a road in Galle before at least, although I've seen worse. The team composition just makes it look worse than it is. Credit to Deshis where it's due etc., tho

Next test should be interesting. If they perform a rank turner. reckon Gazi should be a serious threat. For Lankans, the ideal pitch is that has some life in it for Kula and Eranga to exploit. Not sure why the **** Abul and Shahadat are even in the squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudrunner View Post
    give 21yo smith a break. bradmans figures for his first few tests were comparable.....

Proud Supporter of: Shakib Al Hasan, Kane Williamson, Adam Milne

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    bangers could still lose....
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

Next Test should be a dandy, won't be hard to top this one

International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Not sure why Abdur Razzak has been recalled for the test. He is performing domestically but by no means I can rate him in test arena. Saqlain Sajib or Mosharraf would have been a better bet. Also disappointed by Sunny's performance. The pitch didn't offer anything for him but he looked out of sorts and bowled only one line and length without any variation or so.

As far as pace bowling is concerned we are in a deep hole. Selectors and management keep picking Abul and Shahadat despite horrendous performance everytime. Not that bench warmers are any good but atleast you need to try them sometimes.
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyZaltzHair View Post
    Not sure why Abdur Razzak has been recalled for the test. He is performing domestically but by no means I can rate him in test arena. Saqlain Sajib or Mosharraf would have been a better bet. Also disappointed by Sunny's performance. The pitch didn't offer anything for him but he looked out of sorts and bowled only one line and length without any variation or so.

As far as pace bowling is concerned we are in a deep hole. Selectors and management keep picking Abul and Shahadat despite horrendous performance everytime. Not that bench warmers are any good but atleast you need to try them sometimes.
    Sunny's been getting hammered around domestically quite a lot lately; I'm a big fan but I didn't expect much from him in this game. I don't think making him open the batting all the time in domestic cricket is really helping his bowling, especially since he's not really good enough to do it even at that level.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 12-03-2013 at 08:29 AM.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Is this the first proper decent result away for Bangladesh where they have played against a side not weakened by ridiculous board demands or helped by the weather?

Banned
    Sangakkara 2 tons in a drawn game against Bangladesh at home. Deja vu...

School Boy/Girl Captain Challis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Is this the first proper decent result away for Bangladesh where they have played against a side not weakened by ridiculous board demands or helped by the weather?
    I think BD drew away to a WI side containing Lara, Chanderpaul, Gayle and Sarwan, found the scorecard:

1st Test: West Indies v Bangladesh at Gros Islet, May 28-Jun 1, 2004 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

BD even managed to set a target of 336 but ran out of time, they surely would've bowled them out

There was also a infamous game against Pakistan in Multan where BD lost by a wicket but came so close and probably should have won, only a brilliant inning of 138* from Inzamam saved Pakistan. I'm not sure but I think there might have been a few controversies in that game. Just checked and found out that Rasid Latif claimed a dropped catch against Alok Kapali, who was on 22 and the score was 91/5 with BD, so it was kind of crucial:

3rd Test: Pakistan v Bangladesh at Multan, Sep 3-6, 2003 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

more on the "catch":

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...ry/433973.html
    Last edited by Challis; 12-03-2013 at 10:56 AM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    We have heard these before, but I would request him to not just make announcements but pay us as well.
    Mushfiqur Rahim on the sports minister's frequent announcements as soon as a batsman reaches a century

a good kid this kid
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Mushfiqur Rahim will have a test double century but Mark Waugh does not.
    Mark Waugh was utter **** in SL conditions.
    Diuretics are used to look good at TV shows

I played for 20 years in the Lankan team, I did not have any problems as a Tamil - Muralidaran

Quote Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
    So.... is this a good batting deck, or what?

Sri Lanka think they have enough at 570 and then Bangladesh score 638. Amazing.

Something needs to be done about these ****ing roads.
    Last time when the pitch spun against AUS and ENG, people were whinning about the pitch, Give me that dustbowl everyday than this road. If touring parties cannot play spin, then they should give away their test status and become associate members.

International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    ODI squad looks ok. Good to see Nazmul back in the mix. He has fairly good record against SL. Only complain is that Taskin should have been there but selectors might want him to groove more domestically before Int Cricket.

ODI squad: Mushfiqur Rahim (capt), Tamim Iqbal, Anamul Haque, Jaharul Islam, Mohammad Ashraful, Muminul Haque, Mahmudullah (vc), Nasir Hossain, Shohag Gazi, Abdur Razzak, Rubel Hossain, Nazmul Hossain, Mosharraf Hossain, Abul Hasan, Ziaur Rahman.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    We have heard these before, but I would request him to not just make announcements but pay us as well.
    Mushfiqur Rahim on the sports minister's frequent announcements as soon as a batsman reaches a century

a good kid this kid
    Bold statement. If it was an Indian cricketer saying that, he would have been kicked out of the team now..

Bangladesh have the regular sized Sri Lankans 3/43 at the moment, looks like a tight Test at the moment with a winner likely.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information