• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka, 2013

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not sure why Abdur Razzak has been recalled for the test. He is performing domestically but by no means I can rate him in test arena. Saqlain Sajib or Mosharraf would have been a better bet. Also disappointed by Sunny's performance. The pitch didn't offer anything for him but he looked out of sorts and bowled only one line and length without any variation or so.

As far as pace bowling is concerned we are in a deep hole. Selectors and management keep picking Abul and Shahadat despite horrendous performance everytime. Not that bench warmers are any good but atleast you need to try them sometimes.
Sunny's been getting hammered around domestically quite a lot lately; I'm a big fan but I didn't expect much from him in this game. I don't think making him open the batting all the time in domestic cricket is really helping his bowling, especially since he's not really good enough to do it even at that level.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is this the first proper decent result away for Bangladesh where they have played against a side not weakened by ridiculous board demands or helped by the weather?

Challis

U19 12th Man
Is this the first proper decent result away for Bangladesh where they have played against a side not weakened by ridiculous board demands or helped by the weather?
I think BD drew away to a WI side containing Lara, Chanderpaul, Gayle and Sarwan, found the scorecard:

1st Test: West Indies v Bangladesh at Gros Islet, May 28-Jun 1, 2004 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

BD even managed to set a target of 336 but ran out of time, they surely would've bowled them out :ph34r:

There was also a infamous game against Pakistan in Multan where BD lost by a wicket but came so close and probably should have won, only a brilliant inning of 138* from Inzamam saved Pakistan. I'm not sure but I think there might have been a few controversies in that game. Just checked and found out that Rasid Latif claimed a dropped catch against Alok Kapali, who was on 22 and the score was 91/5 with BD, so it was kind of crucial:

3rd Test: Pakistan v Bangladesh at Multan, Sep 3-6, 2003 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

more on the "catch":

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/433973.html

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We have heard these before, but I would request him to not just make announcements but pay us as well.
Mushfiqur Rahim on the sports minister's frequent announcements as soon as a batsman reaches a century

a good kid this kid

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
So.... is this a good batting deck, or what? :laugh:

Sri Lanka think they have enough at 570 and then Bangladesh score 638. Amazing.

Something needs to be done about these ****ing roads.
Last time when the pitch spun against AUS and ENG, people were whinning about the pitch, Give me that dustbowl everyday than this road. If touring parties cannot play spin, then they should give away their test status and become associate members.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
ODI squad looks ok. Good to see Nazmul back in the mix. He has fairly good record against SL. Only complain is that Taskin should have been there but selectors might want him to groove more domestically before Int Cricket.

ODI squad: Mushfiqur Rahim (capt), Tamim Iqbal, Anamul Haque, Jaharul Islam, Mohammad Ashraful, Muminul Haque, Mahmudullah (vc), Nasir Hossain, Shohag Gazi, Abdur Razzak, Rubel Hossain, Nazmul Hossain, Mosharraf Hossain, Abul Hasan, Ziaur Rahman.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
We have heard these before, but I would request him to not just make announcements but pay us as well.
Mushfiqur Rahim on the sports minister's frequent announcements as soon as a batsman reaches a century

a good kid this kid
Bold statement. If it was an Indian cricketer saying that, he would have been kicked out of the team now..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bangladesh have the regular sized Sri Lankans 3/43 at the moment, looks like a tight Test at the moment with a winner likely.

Cricketismylife

U19 12th Man
This Sanga century was more important than the previous 2, but still it doesn't feel like it counts when it comes against such a weak bowling attack.

stumpski

International Captain
Just 15 behind now, good start this ...

Seems like a while since Tamim hit a 100, and Jahurul's maiden 50 is overdue.

Гурин

School Boy/Girl Captain
Apart from Sanga, Chandimal and Herath, the other 8 players didn't looked like enjoying the minnow bashing of which the aforementioned three will be accused of, so that their classic innings will be devalued.

Bangladesh has turned into a very decent team, one seamer (and a few more tests per year) from being on par with SL. There will surely be the occasional horrible drawback (expecially if they keep having a sabbatical year every now and then) but I won't take a victory against them for granted in the near future.

New Zealand is touring in November, that's as big a chance as they can get (apart from hosting Australia, the Tigers would be clear favorites in such a series)

Anyway, I wouldn't write Bangladesh off this game yet, SL has to bat last on that pitch which means that a 220-230 lead could be enough; and this Gazi fellow looks like one of those irregular bowlers who, on his day, could roll over sides.

stumpski

International Captain
Such a pity that Jahurul gave it away after battling away 170 balls for 48. Expecting this one to finish tomorrow and Sri Lanka to win by 5 or 6 wickets. Not for the first time, Bangladesh can blame their first innings batting if that happens - 240 is never enough unless you've got the bowlers to hit back.

Lostman

State Captain
Nervous as a SL fan. A chase of 150+ seems all set for a choke job.
The big mush Kulasekera has already dropped a catch, so things are looking good for Bangladesh.