• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka, 2013

ajdude

International Coach
hahahaha that was the best thing ever, little bangladeshis appealing like **** for a catch, everyone staring in disbelief when it was given not out, mushfiqur's eyes bulging out of his skull and dilshan walking around grinning from ear to ear what a **** hahaha

BeeGee

International Captain
So.... is this a good batting deck, or what? :laugh:

Sri Lanka think they have enough at 570 and then Bangladesh score 638. Amazing.

Something needs to be done about these ****ing roads.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It doesn't help that both sides have much better batting lineups than they do bowling attacks. I watched a bit of it and yeah it really is an absolute road, but if we had Australia v Pakistan play on it then we wouldn't be seeing scores quite as ridiculous.

I don't think it actually is the flattest pitch in history, is my point. It's just a run of the mill cricket-killing road.

stumpski

International Captain
230-2 - Sangakkara just gone after completing his 32nd Test 100. Sri Lanka clearly not interested in setting up a run chase. Match score 1438 for 16. Pleased to see that Vithanage, on debut, is getting a knock though, he didn't bat in the first innings, and didn't bowl!

stumpski

International Captain
these runs shouldn't count as test match runs
Where would you make the cut-off though? Ashraful and Mushfiqur would feel pretty hard done by. There have always been times when there've been easy runs on offer - batsmen cash in to make up for all the times they have to bat on greentops and bunsens, or get bad decisions.

At least the 5th wicket pair are getting on with it - 50 partnership in 10 overs. Chance of a 100 on debut for Vithanage if they keep going.

And, as I was writing that, he got out to give Mahmudullah his third. That's the other thing, if the runs didn't count the wickets couldn't either.

Last edited:

stumpski

International Captain
Slightly surprised that Mathews bothered to declare, but it's left the Bangers needing 268 in 35 overs. It would be fun to see Tamim come out and start blasting away, but without him I think they'll be happy to bat out time. A couple of quick wickets could make it interesting, and I'm sure they've been bowled out in less time before, but surely not in these conditions.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
It doesn't help that both sides have much better batting lineups than they do bowling attacks. I watched a bit of it and yeah it really is an absolute road, but if we had Australia v Pakistan play on it then we wouldn't be seeing scores quite as ridiculous.

I don't think it actually is the flattest pitch in history, is my point. It's just a run of the mill cricket-killing road.
Yeah, never seen such a road in Galle before at least, although I've seen worse. The team composition just makes it look worse than it is. Credit to Deshis where it's due etc., tho

Next test should be interesting. If they perform a rank turner. reckon Gazi should be a serious threat. For Lankans, the ideal pitch is that has some life in it for Kula and Eranga to exploit. Not sure why the **** Abul and Shahadat are even in the squad.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure why Abdur Razzak has been recalled for the test. He is performing domestically but by no means I can rate him in test arena. Saqlain Sajib or Mosharraf would have been a better bet. Also disappointed by Sunny's performance. The pitch didn't offer anything for him but he looked out of sorts and bowled only one line and length without any variation or so.

As far as pace bowling is concerned we are in a deep hole. Selectors and management keep picking Abul and Shahadat despite horrendous performance everytime. Not that bench warmers are any good but atleast you need to try them sometimes.